• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Assistance needed. Brake Master cylinder swap

Barrman

The stock master is easily rebuilt with cheap parts. Replacement stock masters are pretty cheap as well. However, if you are going to be doing anything besides shows, parades and just driving slow on weekends. I would suggest a dual line master as mentioned in the thread George linked to above. It might only stop a little bit better every time, but at least it will stop if you loose a line or wheel cylinder compared to nothing with the stock master.

lstmate

I have done the upgrade mentioned on the M715zone discussion page. It is a direct bolt on dual master cylinder. It works great!!! I also did the wheel cylinder upgrade discussed there too. I paid $12.99 per wheel cylinder and just a small backing plate modification and they bolt right on and work great!! The wheel cylinders for the M715 run around $54.00 when I was looking. I think the master cylinder was $17.00 at O'rielly. Of course you need to split the front and back lines. I probably spent less than $100-$130 for everything including all lines. The zone has a very good step by step instructions on how to do it.

Last edited:

lstmate

One more thought... Use Silicone brake fluid and not the DOT3. If it sits you will not have to worry about moisture in the wheel cylinders corroding them up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks