• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Size of Axle U-bolts on M715 series?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know the size of the U-bolts on the front and rear axles of the M715 series of trucks? Not the weird side "bent" U-bolts, just the standard ones. I need to know what to get at the auto parts store, and the manual is not very helpful. I'd take the old ones in, but I haven't cut them off with a blowtorch yet.

Barrman

Oh, well in that case.

Front:

1/2" diameter fine thread 3-1/4" spacing at the plate and 7" from the U at the axle to the end of the bolt.

Rear:
1/2" diameter fine thread 4" spacing at the plate and 8-1/2" from the U to the end of the bolt.

My suggestion would be to take a front and rear plate to the store with you. Get one that will fit through the holes and is 7" long for the front and 8-1/2" long for the rear.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OOPS! No can do - swung by two places this afternoon, NAPA and Auto Zone, both said no-go on the parts. Anyone have a supplier for these U-bolts, or know someone who carries the right size (and the part number)? Thanks,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks