• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

galespi primer paint

bcowanwheels

i bought 2 gallong of galespi red primer from rapco and its called ZP RED PRIMER........ NOT RED OXIDE 111 LIKE I,VE GOT FOR YEARS. dont buy this paint !!!!!!!! its junk......... i shook it for 30 minutes while doing my final cleanning readying for shooting. i opened the can and took a paint stick and sent it to the bottom of the can to make sure it was shanken up good and felt no resistance so I figured its ready to shoot ! when i pulled the stick out of the new full can it was almost completely "CLEAR" WITH ONLY very slight tint of red. what ?????? so i was in a pickle and had a couple of bare metal parts that needed to be painted before the rain moved in. well 4 coats and i can still see thru it. I,am calling rapco first thing in the mornning. fellas you do not want this paint. I,AM going to open my 24087 paint to see if that quality is also bad. just a fyi
bob

p/s
i didnt thin this at all..........

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sound like they did not put the tint in it.
I have started using an epoxy primer from PPG "Omni 170"

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never had a problem with Rapco paint, including the primer. I use it on all my vehicles. Contact Mark and see what he can do to make it right for you, he is a good guy and easy to work with.

Cheers

bcowanwheels

Yea thats what i was thinking too. Gonna open the other can of primer today also the 2 cans of 24087 and see what i,ve got. Out of all the paint i bought from them this is the first with a problem.
Bob

bcowanwheels

Well only 1 can of primer has a problem so to work it out and be obligeing i think its best to just "cut" the good primer with this non-tinted stuff. Its not likE i,am building a porche. I,ll still buy from rapco because nothing in life is perfect except Jesus Christ imo
bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks