• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m113 on ebay

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
It seems money can do a lot to get you what you want but in the end it will end up on ebay. The records for all M 113's produced should clearly prove the story and I don't think it would be hard at all to prove this guy right or wrong. It would be a nice toy to own though.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, to win the lottery! I'd have the biggest collection of armor in the USA ! Nice condition M113, though, hope it's legit.

ida34

I am pretty sure that the M113's were offered to police departments and such so I would say it is possible that it was never in the military.

ida34

I said offered but I meant offered for sale not to be confused with the departments getting surplus vehicles from DRMO. I know departments can get surplused M113s for swat team type use.

DMgunn

Thanks for bringing this one back :roll: - I was on the verge of getting excited...

As far as the question goes, I would imagine there might have been some demo units when the manufacturer was showing them off back in the day - suppose someone got a deal on a "floor model"?

Elwenil

If I remember correctly, it was some rich guy that bought it for use by his security at a manufacturing plant or something. The story has been around a long time and I would assume that it is for real. I have the pics saved on one of my hard drives somewhere but it was just a basic M113 in semigloss OD, I think.

msehring

m 113

most likely it is the one that was owned by mr. dupont in PA. he bought it new from FMC and used it as a toy around his farm. It was for sale last year.

B3.3T

RE: m 113

Indeed, it was the DuPont M-113. It was sold by a broker to an undisclosed client in the security business far south of the border. It only have about 200 miles on it from brand new.

dabtl

There are a few M113's in private hands. Mostly because the military will not sell them surplus to civilians is the reason.

A caution to everyone buying former military equipment is to make sure you own it. Ross Perot, Jr., found out the hard way. Lots of equipment is loaned by the government to organizations and much more is restricted in disposal by those organizations.

Recently, a pair of M113's were sold in New Orleans. They had been sold by the government to Egypt and abandoned. So, you could get good title to them.

Just use caution.

22b

Every once in a while, someone posts an M113 for sale. Let's clear this up. List all the APC's and variants that you know of, that DON'T belong to the Gov't, aren't loans, or have any strings attached at all. Legit ownership, totally un Gov't controlled. This also excludes those given to Cops and State/Federal agencies and NASA. Totally "I own it outright" APC's

dabtl

The sale of property is governed by contract law. Unless title passes to a buyer, it belongs to whomever it belonged to in the beginning. I have no way of knowing what property is out there waiting for someone to 'buy' from a seller who does not 'own' it.

Ross Perot, Jr., found this out the hard way. He 'bought' an aircraft 'loaned' by the government and used a 'salvaged' airframe to finish it out. The plane he 'bought' could not be 'bought' from the seller who did not have title and the 'salvaged' airframe had to be scrapped not sold as 'spares.'

Lately, come Civil War gun tubes have been 'sold' by cemetery associations for big bucks only to find out that title was still in the US Govt. and so was the ownership.

I simply urge caution before putting real money into some of these things you want to own. You might not. Then you have to try to get your money back. Check out who actually 'owns' it first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks