• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wood gas

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Recently I went and visited a gentleman named Wayne Keith who has been working with woodgas generators for several years. He took my buddy and I for a ride in one of his wood powered Dodge pickup trucks and I was impressed.
I've run deuces off serveral types of fuel and know they are pretty forgiving as to what goes through them.
We have a spare multi-fuel that we can use for a test mule once we get our woodgas genny up and running.
There are several videos of diesels running on woodgas on utube and it seems to work pretty well. The gas goes in through the intake rather than being injected though the pump.
Any other woodgas guys on the forum?
You can check out Wayne at:http://driveonwood.com/

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the same as a gasifier, I know of some people in Burkley that have been doing that for years. They do classes in many places around the world.
If you're interested I'll do some digging and find their address/site.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you're interested I'll do some digging and find their address/site.
You can never have too much knowledge....please send it.

Wayne has converted several vehicles and seems to have it down to a science.

We are more interested in using the technology for stationary power at this time but at some point it time I'd like to run a vehicle on woodgas just in case I ever need it as a backup.

heavymetal land

thanks wreckerman i looked up that website , i had a plan to run a wood boiler for heat and use the wood gas to drive a hit and miss engine to run a generator now i have new inspiration to run something a little more modern i wish you luck ,my brother and i have talked about that set up for a garbage truck for years !think of space you could save at the land fill !

FatBuddhaBoo

There was an episode on one of those doomsday shows that had the guy running his truck and generator off a wood gasifier. Definitely interesting stuff that once I get the free time to experiment with I will.

Lonesome715

I saw this idea on one of those prepper shows. They had an old Ford truck running on wood. I have really wanted to get more information on it ever since.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks