• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton winch??

SuperJoe

This being the first post in the 5ton section for me, my first question is about the winch on a 5ton truck.

Is it the same as the winch on a deuce with a better shear pin, or is it a completely different assembly?

I have had 3 deuces over the years and let them go because it was so much work to get them where i want them to be. The 5ton seems a much better suit to start from as it will be much closer out the gate and overall better looking truck in the end. Reason I ask about the winch is because before i sold the last deuce, I pulled all the winch components off. If its the same I would have a lot more options for purchase.

The front winches on the m939 series trucks are a 20,000 lbs winch which I think is the same rating as the deuces. The only major difference is that the five tons winches are hydraulically driven as for the deuces I believe they are PTO driven. I dont have a winch on my truck but from what I've read I think this the main difference. As for the shear pin I have not a clue.

jdknech

the deuce winch is a 10,000 pound rated pto drive, the 5 ton 809 trucks have a 20,000 pound PTO drive, and the 939 trucks have a 20,000 pound hydraulic drive... as far as i know, the 5 ton winch is much beefer then the deuce winch..

goldneagle

the deuce winch is a 10,000 pound rated pto drive, the 5 ton 809 trucks have a 20,000 pound PTO drive, and the 939 trucks have a 20,000 pound hydraulic drive... as far as i know, the 5 ton winch is much beefer then the deuce winch..

Ye double the capacity is a beefier unit! You got the fact correct. 20,000 lbs on a 5 ton truck vs. 10,000 lbs on a M35

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks