• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reworking Deuce spring seat into an air ride seat.

we installed the valve on the side of the seat. no pressure gauge but we did install a adjustable protection valve so if the air pressure in the tanks drops below 85 psi the seat gets no air and a max of 100 psi

IMG_0845.jpgIMG_0847.jpgIMG_0851.jpgIMG_0855.jpg

277148 Bendix PR2 air brake pressure protection valve, National Seat# GT134-3 Standard 3 way valve push/pull control, and AIR BAG 329666-01 FIRESTONE. 10 feet of 1/4 plastic air line with needed fittings.

Flyingvan911

Very cool. They had some really nice seats at the Sacramento 49er truck stop back when I used to drive (trucks). Those would be awesome in a deuce.

peashooter

so does the shock absorber get eliminated then? Do the airbags meant for seats have any dampening in them? Just curious.... great modification! I especially like how it would give you some control over seat height so talk folks like me can lower it a bit to get some more room.

Vintage iron

I was planning on trying this! Great minds think a like, I guess? Thank you for the parts list. I was going to use parts from used commercial seats but then you have used parts. I am thinking of cutting one of my Spring seats in half to make a air ride bench seat for the passengers side. :)

FatBuddhaBoo

we installed the valve on the side of the seat. no pressure gauge but we did install a adjustable protection valve so if the air pressure in the tanks drops below 85 psi the seat gets no air and a max of 100 psi
Ok, thanks. Guess I was over thinking it based on past experience with using air bags on suspension systems.

frodobaggins

I bought some airbags to do this a few years ago but ended up with the wrong sizes. Sold 'em and kind of forgot about it.
Glad someone brought this back up. Good job!

peashooter

I made this modification thanks to your fantastic idea and post. It worked great and was easy to do, the only recommendation I would have is to keep the shock absorber or else you will get launced on a rebound after hitting a bump!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks