• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Union KY Celebrating America PARADE June 28

The city of Union, KY is having an early 4th of July event titled, "Union Celebrating America", on Friday June 28, 2013. The parade line-up is at 6PM at the Union Kroger. The parade starts at 7PM, and goes South on US 42 to Mt. Zion and ends at Mt. Zion and Old Union Roads (Community Center). There will be live music and then fireworks at 10PM.

Anyone interesting in participating in the parade, please PM me and what you'll be driving, pushing or towing. I’ll post additional info as it becomes available.

Looking forward to meeting fellow SS members and hope to see you there!

Mike

Yea, the 6pm line up is tough! And I didn't realize its 55 miles one way but my son registered for the parade... thinking it was 'just across the bridge'.

Yes, I was at the NCH parade, my first one....on Memorial Day I broke down on the way to Mt. Health's - thank goodness, Gimpy bailed me out big time!

The parade started with a heavy dose of rain followed by sunshine! Junkyard Wars Crusher was there too (Thanks Jeff!) Accompanying us were members of the 101st Airborne Div., 1 BCT, 1st Squadron, 32d Cavalry Regiment, under the command of LTC Paul Taylor. The City of Union, KY had adopted this unit and the troops were more than happy to travel from Ft. Campbell to attend the parade. It was a pleasure to meet these fine young men and women! I look forward to offering them a ride - anytime!

Attachments

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am interested in participating in the parade this year. Can you please forward me the details?
Crusher, isn't mvpa nationals around that date?

This thread was started for last year's parade (2013) . I did a quick internet search to see if there was a 2014 parade, but no luck.

Maybe Mike (Guns) is listening and might have contact info for the parade organizers. (or send him a PM)

Incidentally, MVPA convention is June 26-28, 2014

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks