• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-Ton Cargo Cover Installation

ElKapetan

Does anyone have any advice for how to install an older style vinyl cargo cover on an M900 series? Or a tech manual that illustrates how? I had an awesome cardio workout this morning but couldn't even figure out which was front and which was back. I'm sure the squirrels pretty much fell out the tree laughing after I stomped away in disgust. I'm ready to swallow my pride and beg for any help at this point. All I can tell you is that mine has vinyl loops instead of D-rings and one end has nylon straps with metal alligator spring clips and the other end just has rubber bungies. Beyond that, it's just a confusing maze of straps and clips to me. Thanks loads!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The newer style comes with the straps to roll it up on the sides & back already attached to the cover so you do not need straps on the bows like the older canvass style. There are also straps to go around the back bow on the inside to secure it. The front of my cover does not have straps on the front to roll up. ( no cups or loops either on the outside like the sides or back) One way to tell the difference.

Typically they are marked front or back in the inside.

Please post pics of the metal alligator clips? Not sure what those are about.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What model truck?

I'll guess you have an M939 series truck.

That may help you find and use the correct TMs.

Attachments

Last edited:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once you figure out front and back; lay it out. Fold it up from the sides toward the center, but all your folds should be on the outside of the cover. Once both sides meet in the center, fold it in end toward the center a couple if times. Like folding up a stuck of gum. Once you have the neatly folded cover, get up in the bed if the truck and feed it up through the center bows and unfold each if the ends once. That will hold it. Now center it front to back and appx side to side and finish unfolding out to the ends and then out and over the sides. Little adjusting and tie it up and you are done.

5tonman1971

I tried to explain how to do it when you picked up the cover. I wish my truck was at the house when you were there. I guess my instructions were not clear.

the front flap closest to the cab folds around the side skirts and the side skirts in the rear gold over the rear flap. Remember I said it goes with the wind.

the side with the straps and clips is the front the side with the cords is the back

Last edited:

5tonman1971

Here are some photos. The only way the cover is held on is be the cords and the 2 straps on the front flap.

you can see in the second picture the best, the way it supposed to be. As you can see the front flap folds over the side skirts and then the side skirts fold over the rear flap and hook to the tail gate.

Attachments

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to borrow one of your pictures just to really clarify what's mentioned above, those triangular flaps in the proper orientation.
I've seen MANY trucks, both on SS and in military service with the tarp on backwards!

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks