• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4A032 Electronic Ignition conversion?

bphillips

I've seen the kits available to convert the 4A032 engines to Electronic Ignition. How well do these work? Are there any common failure modes? I notice that there are no instructions with the kits I've seen from several sources, but I assume that I could piece the info together from the TM, is that a valid assumption?

Thanks in advance!

jbk

ive installed two of these kits with no trouble. mine were made by colt i think and came with the instuctions. no maint as compared to points.

combat32

I have the kit for my Mep 016A but as of yet have not installed it. Mine runs great in original configuration and I have several points sets in reserve for now, so I just got the kit for a possible future upgrade. I have never heard anything bad about it and some here really like it, I can see the benefit from a maintenance standpoint. Google it, plenty of info out there on the install even if you don't have the instructions.

Last edited:

Grega

Ive converted my mep 016a a couple years ago to electronic and still runs good. The only issue I had was the lack of instructions. Did some searching on the web and TMs to figure it out. Seams that one of the coils needs to be flipped upside down and a couple wires reversed or something. Its been a couple years so Im not for sure

Last edited:

bphillips

I read the part about the inverted coil in the TM. Sounds like it only applies to one of the two brands of EI that were used. After thinking about it, I will probably stick with points, since it is the path of least resistance for me. If it gives trouble, I may make the switch. Thanks for your comments!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks