• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter Tec tip of the day.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know alot of the older guys know but this is for the the ones that don't. Someone posted along time ago about the wix fuel filter 33540 for the finals which is a 6 micron filter and a nice step down from the 10 micron NAPA 3512 that is in our parts lookup.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So this means, you are on your computer............instead of being outside -- WORKING ON YOUR TRUCKS!!!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea searls just put one in the final. As of yet I have not put one in both and checked too see if there was a pressure or performance drop and realy don't know if it will. I will bet ten cents it does not. LOL
I know I use one of jatonka's nice spin filter set and do believe they are both 6 micron (secondary and final) and found no performance loss.

Last edited:

searls84

When I chatted with him last, he was running the 333512 in the secondary & the 33540 in the final filter only!
Ok good! I've been running the 33540 for about 3 years in the final only but was never sure if that was correct... So far has it worked fine! Maybe I'll try running one in the final and secondary at my next filter change and report back...

Woodsplinter

I know alot of the older guys know but this is for the the ones that don't. Someone posted along time ago about the wix fuel filter 33540 for the finals which is a 6 micron filter and a nice step down from the 10 micron NAPA 3512 that is in our parts lookup.
Now I'm confused- are you recommending using the 6 micron Wix in both of the secondary filters? Does the 33540 come with the correct gaskets/seals?

Thanks.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

When I changed the filters, the gaskets that came with the filters did not work on the secondary & final filter as the gaskets were too thick. They would not fit in the groove, so I used the old ones till the next change out. No leaks as of yet!
Now I'm confused- are you recommending using the 6 micron Wix in both of the secondary filters? Does the 33540 come with the correct gaskets/seals?

Thanks.

searls84

When I changed the filters, the gaskets that came with the filters did not work on the secondary & final filter as the gaskets were too thick. They would not fit in the groove, so I used the old ones till the next change out. No leaks as of yet!

I've reused the old gasket multiple times before getting a leak, then just turn the leaking gasket upside down and you'll be good to go for another 4-5 filter changes!

searls84

I think going to the 10 in the secondary and 6 in the final would work well. Anyone else thoughts?
Those were/are my thoughts, a gradual step down from the 12 micron primary to the 10 micron secondary and then to the 6micron final. An improved flow by allowing the filter to catch the size of particulate tha it was designed to catch rather than clog a smaller micron filter up quicker with the larger particulate that the larger micron filters were designed to handle. Basically, let the small filter out the small and the large filter out the larger. Just my opinion though...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks