• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 KAMO Rally (KS, AR, MO, OK) Oct 2-4 2015

jasonjc

OK, Lets get this thing going.

The GF is all ready talking about next year and what we need to bring , how much food we need. The MKT will be there for Saturday morning breakfast. I hope to have a better head count this time so I don't end up feeding the coyotes!

DATE: First weekend in October. That is October 2-4, 2015

Location: D-Day Adventure Park in 66800 E 175th Rd Wyandotte, Oklahoma.

Last edited by a moderator:

Breach27

Sbscribed. All ready put in vacation request for next year. That way I can stick around and camp. Also i tried to help with the food.....3 servings was all I could do. Thanks again.

scorpion6

Never really put my hat into the ring for this year, but you can keep me loop for next year. Count me in! Anything needed if I can help let me know.

jasonjc

Well the date is set it's the first weekend in Oct.fat lady sings

That's only, um, like what 304 days away:razz:

<iframe width="263" height="180" src="//w2.onlinecountdowns.com/120130" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I was on GL to see if they had ever posted anything from last years GA Rally and found one on D Day Park. Not when we were there, but when they have the big paint ball match in June.

No paint ball when we are there for the weekend! There are a couple of the deuces shown in the vid that belong to some of the guys on the site that go down and are used to move folks around during the June PB event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao6HhUtYH60&list=PL9E473BEC8C3D49CA&index=22

Last edited:

iasc399ia

That looks fun. Is there other things to do besides paintball? If my wife and I decided to drive the CUCV out we wouldnt want to play paintball. More of a get together, off road drive, meet people kinda people we are.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is exactly what the KAMO rally is. The paintball fields are usually closed during the rally.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
iasc399ia No paint ball when we are there. The owners main Biz is paint ball but during our time there it is just us, a MV rally. He also has a small PB field about 6 miles away next to his surplus store https://plus.google.com/102042228958154566552/about?hl=en . Where we are at is a 1000 acre park with 41 miles of trails and as you stated the weekend we are there is is, "More of a get together, off road drive, meet people kinda people we are."

We set up just south/west of https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...1s0x87c846c783aace8f:0x310b435de5ea14a4?hl=en in the treeline, 36.759145, -94.669228 west of the open area with all the MVs sitting out to the East and the green roof buildings to the North. As you can see most of the trails are to the west of where we set up camp at.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well I knew this was going to come up and as jasonjc pointed out in a PM the MVPA BANKHEAD HIGHWAY convoy will be going through AR the week of our event.

MWMULES said:
jasonjc said:
Hay I just realized that the KAMO Rally is the same weekend as the 2015 MVPA Bankhead convoy passes thought the Hot Springs , AR to FT Worth , TX part of the convoy.
They have lunch Wed in LR then get to Hot Springs that afternoon and spend all day Thurs there as a rest day, leave out early Fri and lunch on the border in Texarkana TX.
calendarMV15.jpg

jasonjc

I'm looking at some options (for me at least):

1) Not go to the rally and go to the convoy in stead.

2) Not go to the convoy and go to the rally in stead.

3) The KAMO rally goes to the convoy. Meet them in Hot Springs on Thur Oct 1(this is a rest day for them). They leave out Fri headed to Ft Worth. They plan to get to Ft Worth early Sunday.

4) Move the KAMO Rally, not sure how or if that would work out with all the other rallys around that time. That mite make more problems.

4 is out as I see the dates for the rally are LOCKED in. That also seems to take out option 3 as well. That is pushing me to 2.

With all that said, we should think about 3) for 2017. In 2017 they are going down rote 66 from Chicago to LA. It would be fun to get a KAMO group to link up with it. I don't know the route they are taking but a guess would be link up around Springfield MO and go to OKC or Tulsa?? Not sure of the old Route 66 path.

What do you all think?

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
We are locked in for this years dates. As far as I know the route 66 convoy doesn't have a time frame as of yet but will try and find out by this years MVPA convention. I had thought of meeting up with them Tues afternoon in Helena and traveling with them to Hot Springs then as they left Fri am driving up to the Rally, but with time management figured in it will not work for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks