• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finaly cutting down and giving up

dmetalmiki

I keep saying this..Well, perhaps AFTER this one..and..this one..and..
I am more than pleased with this aquisition, starts drives great, just have a few jobs to carry out, fixings to fix..things to lubricate..other things to free off..A check out and service..Various "things" to fit, aerials lights perhaps a siren kit, A replica gun, in the "peak turret" just fitted. A paint job. It all adds up to a splendid winter project. And the two " helpers " are more than keen to get started.
Two Videos of the thrill of a new arrival.

https://youtu.be/jgfLvSxCoE0
made some room to get it in with company for the others in the collection.

https://youtu.be/1O80Xo3BegI

Attachments

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice! I'd love a piece of armor but unfortunately don't have anything to move it with and the wife might actually put her foot down if I tried. Might pick up a SEE in the near future but at least I could drive it to where I'm going.

dmetalmiki

And rare (they are now becoming) As, trhis one is road registered, rubber tracks..And to everyones delight! especially mine it is a multifuel engine so will run on the same mix as the rest of the fleet.
Super sounding engine, 8 litre Supercharged Two stroke. 6 cylinders, 12 pistons (opposed). Going to have a drive round as soon as it's serviced.

AZK9

Any chance that you make a video of the inside?

I'd love to watch that one!! :popcorn:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't be the only one that had the big smile forced on my face when I watched the videos. :-D Real happy for you! I can't stop grinning so can only imagine how you're feeling.

Great pics of the interior and it looks like it would fit most of the family. Can't wait for the movie to come out so we can hear it. Thanks for sharing.

dmetalmiki

Yep I will post a video of the inside tomorrow, and you know what?..Smile? I get real emotional when things like this occur. The mobile rang as one of the lads wanted to know if "is that the one" seen coming through the village. And..I kid you not..Couldn't Speak!.

dmetalmiki

Ok..oday could not get a video done (as) you know what? there were pals and pals of pals who simply could not believe I had (gone that crazy!) bought a tank!..specially as I had been telling everyone "Oh tiz about this big" (hands spread not too wide)..The look on the face as they entered the shop! priceless.
I would not sleep in it as it is very cold here right now. (although) there is a MONSTER of a multi fuel heater that heats everywhere in the vehicle. And it actually works. I will be taking a video, of the inside, and DRIVING..saturday..when the kids come to help out, THEY are just as exited as everyone..they don't know "what the thing " is yet. I did tell them "i will take you for ride After I mend the puncture and blow up the tires!" Can't hardly wait. ( there's more knobs dials and things to operate than one can shake a stick at. Great stuff.) As mentioned in my previous posts..( and warnings!) I can organize or vet properly, sites over here to get Armour stuff from without being ripped off like an unfortunate few have over there.

AZK9

... I would not sleep in it as it is very cold here right now. (although) there is a MONSTER of a multi fuel heater that heats everywhere in the vehicle. And it actually works. I will be taking a video, of the inside, and DRIVING..saturday..when the kids come to help out, THEY are just as exited as everyone.....
No problem with the vid. Life has a funny way of getting in the way of our plans more than we imagine!
I'm excited for you and your kids too! It's a great and unique experience!

It's not everyday a huge TANK finds a new home in your yard!!
Enjoy the whole process! [thumbzup]

Jeeagle

Welcome to the FV 430 Family! I am sure you've checked out alot of the info on the FV 430 fourms but if you have any questions I be happy to help as I operate one here all the time and I also work on them as well!

Quick Suggestions, Make sure you grease everything with a nipple! Specially the Torsion Bars (there are two nipples) There are bass bushings inside the hull and if those get worn out then it's game over. No replacements of fixes I know of yet.

Make sure to only use recommend oils! And get yourself a good set of track tools!

Looks great! With white interior means you got a fresher one out of MOD. I see some Clansman Intercomm Boxs does it work? It is amazing to have when running. Also I can not tell from the photos if your Ventilation is hooked up (power feed to motor) But a MUST have for 100% enclosed driving as it gets hot in the summer!

Foxtrot Oscar

Welcome to the FV 430 Family! I am sure you've checked out alot of the info on the FV 430 fourms but if you have any questions I be happy to help as I operate one here all the time and I also work on them as well!

Quick Suggestions, Make sure you grease everything with a nipple! Specially the Torsion Bars (there are two nipples) There are bass bushings inside the hull and if those get worn out then it's game over. No replacements of fixes I know of yet.

Make sure to only use recommend oils! And get yourself a good set of track tools!

Looks great! With white interior means you got a fresher one out of MOD. I see some Clansman Intercomm Boxs does it work? It is amazing to have when running. Also I can not tell from the photos if your Ventilation is hooked up (power feed to motor) But a MUST have for 100% enclosed driving as it gets hot in the summer!
Totally agree. Answers to all your questions are on the 430 forum.
At the museum we just broke two torsion bars on our 432.
Your track and pads look to have plenty of life left. Always good to drive with someone in the Commanders Hatch and a working intercom, as visibility for drivers is poor other than straight ahead.
Keep an eye on temperature gauge. The intercooler is an Archilles heel.
The Peak turret is the rare bit. Many of these APC's in private hands worldwide now. USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Holland, Ireland, and of course, all over UK.
The pack needs to be lifted out for servicing.
Best regards.

dmetalmiki

Thanks everyone for the information, It will be heeded. And here is a video of the inside taken by by one of the kids. (bit dark will take one outside tomorrow). (helpers RAF cadets). The air con NBC and heaters all work fine. Will post a "start run and drive on..saturday".

https://youtu.be/SZyYJH1U6qs

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks