• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama Goat for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdaniels

I have a 1973 M561 gamma goat for sale. Truck was used at the Space and Rocket center (NASA) in Huntsville, AL. It still has the "Property Of" stickers on it. Truck was Rebuilt by the Army prior to being released to NASA. It has 4300 miles on it since rebuild.
Runs and stops great. This is a hard top model and the doors are nearly perfect, due to being left off and stored. Comes with three extra tires/rims and manuals.

$8500

Thanks..

kd

Attachments

davidkroberts

Is it still in Dothan with you? Original Engine w/ all the access plates and plugs installed, is it tagged, titled or Alabama Bill of Sale only. Great looking Goat, running I would assume by the condition

kdaniels

Gamma Goat

Yes ...it runs VERY well. The plugs are not installed, and i'm not sure it was released with them. This truck is tagged with an Alabama "classic" tag, and sold with a bill of sale. Alabama doesn't issue titles on anything made before 1975. It also has an NOS tailgate that came from Rich Miller at RIV-RAD. Rich has driven this vehicle and told me it stops better than any goat he's ever seen. It is currently stored indoors and was last driven in our local parade in November. Truck has new TL6's batteries.

I have a WC-52 project coming up and i need the room....but i will sure hate to see this truck go. I am not going to list it on Ebay so if it doesn't sell on this listing that will be my excuse to keep it. LOL .In any case if you had/have any interest in a M561 this one would be the one to want. The Property of Space and Rocket Center decal is still on the dash and rear cargo side. And i'm guessing that being it was used with the astronaut teen program that nothing was spared for upkeep. Hence the excellent brakes. It's stored here in Dothan,Al and i rechecked the mileage and it's got 4100 miles. Rebuild tag is also located on the left side of the drivers dash. Pics on request.

SEMPER FI !!

kd

Captain_oxygene

RE: Gamma Goat

Hello Keith ! I live in an old canadian tug in Paris, France, on the river Seine... then please excuse my bad English! :D
It is not easy here to find a complete & running GG with origin certificate at moderate price. I will look for informations about importaton taxes and shipping cost (I fear it could be too expensive for me!)... Can you said me which important harbour(s) must be designated ? And said if you could be deliver the Goat to the ship, or help me for that ? Thanks, regards, François.

RE: Gamma Goat

WOW.. I can remember riding in the back of that very Goat. When I was in high school, I went to the Aviation Challenge at Space Camp in Huntsville. I believe they had two of them. Quite neat.

kdaniels

The number that is stenciled on this truck is 02. Done in white latex paint. I recently removed the "aviation challenge" markings with acetone. And i know it's been said before, but acetone has NO..zip...notta...zero effect on CARC.

SEMPER FI !!!

keith

Captain_oxygene

:) OK Keith, thank you for you for your answer... I'm sure that your buyer has the best Goat... But what amazing trailer back off a car ! Impossible in Europe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks