• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow bar stowage (sorta)

dirtyfingernails

I got tired of cracking my toes on my tow bar on the floor in the garage. Figure I'd stow it in the bed to get it out of the garage. Darn that thing is heavy! I know it may be a poor choice of location, but I rarely use the truck and figure at least it's out of the way. I plan on getting a top to keep it somewhat dry.

Attachments

dirtyfingernails

Kenny,
Yes, same bar.
Bjorn,
You are right and other pics are on the way.
Beastmaster,
I thought of that, and really wanted to put it there or on the outside sideboard (like above the rear tire), but the weight is just too much for that sheet metal on the M105 trailer. Perhaps it would work on a deuce bed.
Mwalker, Indeed, a lock is in order and on there now.
Steve

55Cameo

Hey, I thought that you were going to put it between the frame and the bed. Now you won't have room for those 200 shelter halfs. lol.... Looks good. We will have to get together and go crusing with the Deuces soon.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That towbar looks too pretty to use! Nice job of mounting it. Mine's lying on the floor in the S-280 shelter. Need to build up a set of brackets or something for that and the antenna masts.

dirtyfingernails

Allan,
I wanted to put it underneath, but it wouldn't fit. Plus, it would have been VERY difficult to get out of there. Oh, there's still plenty of room for the shelter halves! Ha! Radiator work out for you? I hope it was a good one. I tightened my compressor belt even more and it still knocks. I'm getting a new one.
Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks