• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Early M37 wiring diagram?

powerwagontim

Hi Guys,
Has anyone got an early wiring diagram for an M37? My wiring harness was pretty well gone when I got the truck, and I noticed that there is a receptacle on the side of the headlight switch that would appear to be for turn signals. The receptacle was capped off with a screw on cap. I do not believe the truck was originally set up with turn signals. I have the common M37 wiring diagram that shows the turn signal relay box. This appears to have 2 receptacles, the one with terminals A, E, B,C,F,D seems to be the terminals I have in my light switch. My truck was converted to 12 volt, and I am leaving it that way, so getting a Relay Box wont help me, unless anyone knows of a 12 volt one.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Tim

Bill W

Early m-37's (1951-54) did not come with turn signals.If you have a 51-52 year M-37 its possible you still have the old 2 plug light switch,If this is so then it has nothing to do with turn signals, it was just a different type wiring system the mil used and did away with for the single plug setup thats still used on todays mil vehicles. I added turn signals to my 37 which involved adding a wire to K terminal in the harness plug that goes into the (single plug) light switch ( and running a wire to each front park light ) and then hooking up the flasher and relay box into the brake wiring

Last edited:

powerwagontim

Hi Bill,
Thanks for that clarification. Yes, the light switch has the 2 plugs, but the harness was chewed off at the main plug, and the smaller one was capped off with a screw on cap that was stamped "BENDIX" I compared the pin markings to the pin markings on the relay box and they seemed to match, thus my guess that the second plug was turn signal related.

Mhassett, I sent you an email, Thanks!
Tim

m109guy

Here is the wiring for an M37.

Right click on the small picture below and select "open in new window" or "open in new tab" to see it full sized.

Last edited:

powerwagontim

Thanks M109Guy,
I have that diagram, I am trying to locate a diagram from an early (1952) M37. I think it is mostly the same, but a few minor differences, mostly the turn signals.
Thanks again,
Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks