• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Basic deuce winch operation video.

tjcouch

Very nice - and great idea . . . . . BUT . . . . what is that little "modification" handle that you told us to ignore?!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's for the zombie invasion...LOL or it could operate the pto for the dump conversion.

tjcouch

What are the topics folks would most want to see? . . . I happen to know this video producer guy that has a deuce . . . :wink:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was a quick and dirty how-to.

Do not stand near the winch line under load. The cable will guide itself if your pointed straight,and have a little tension on it. In the real world, rarely does it wind up that nice, I usually have to rewind it at home.

Gloves are nice, the cable can have sharp wires on it. On that note, gloves also increase you risk of getting caught and dragged if the winch is running.

The cable wasn't spooling right when we videoed the winch running. Had to point the truck straighter and it spooled up nice.

Dennis

dentman

You're a good man for this video! I don't doubt you saved many headaches and damages by demo'ing on how to winch.
Agreed, thanks Dennis for posting this. Ive had my deuce in the back yard for over a month now, and so far managed to resist the urge of messing around with the winch as I still dont know enough about it. this video brought me a few steps closer to operating with confidence

scootertrs

Wow! that answers a lot of questions!!! I have read the TM numerous times and often wondered if any of our military personnel ever actually read them and if they did, did they understand it... because I sure did not.:oops: Thank you

66mustanggt

sorry if this is a stupid question but could you use the winch to pull someone else out? from the video it looked like you could just pull yourself out if so how would you do it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks