• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What does "combat starter" mean?

todds112

A truck description listed on a auction site states: "Combat starter. Did not start."

Does this mean they fought the starter and it wouldn't comply? Or is it a special starter that only works under combat conditions?;-)

jollyroger

I saw the same posting on GL last night and asked the same question of my Pop's who usually knows about everything. He looked me straight in the eye and said it's an old motor pool term that means you have to fight with the starter to get it to work. I just started cracking up cause I knew he was full of BS. Then he said he really did not know. Oh well. The mystery continues.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It means that the truck starts a combat between different methods of getting it started...slave cable vs. coiling a rope around a pulley and pull-starting it...

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys got this all wrong. You know the military. It stands for
COM= commercial BAT= Battery

So it won't start because it has a starter that only works with commercial batteries, and I bet the knuckleheads in the motor pool put in 6TLs!!!! :wink:

wiggall

So if the starter dies in an A3 your are SOL:cry: Not like the M211's, M35, A1,and A2's can all be push, pull, and run down a hill started:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks