• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check out my new tool!

Keith_J

Nice! Did you GTAW that yourself? What filler? All that Cr-Mo would scream over-alloy with an ER309 to offset brittleness unless you PWHT but that might affect box end durability.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nice! Did you GTAW that yourself? What filler? All that Cr-Mo would scream over-alloy with an ER309 to offset brittleness unless you PWHT but that might affect box end durability.

I provided the pieces to a professional welder, he told me he used stainless for the weld, not sure about the details, but it does hold in a test to 180 lb/ft ;-)

Bighurt

Buy one and try it if it breaks its craftsmen get your money back... guarantee man, gotta love it.

The Snap on ones are rated at 2000 in/lbs...

Keith_J

I provided the pieces to a professional welder, he told me he used stainless for the weld, not sure about the details, but it does hold in a test to 180 lb/ft ;-)
ER309 is over-alloyed 304 stainless:-D.

Keith_J does weld;)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it because it will slip off or what? If it is because of the slight offset you will have the same problem with this box-end welded to the socket extension. Not doubting you, just want to know.

I myself could never bear to do that to any of my Craftsman tools. I'd buy a throwaway set from Harbor Freight or Northern.

sw

Bighurt

A Crows Foot Wrench will not work for the Head bolts by the injectors.
Yes, I would like to know how to calculate for the offset also.
C=D(A/A+B)

A=Length of wrench (measured from center of lug to center of handle)

B=Length of adapter (measured from center of lug to center of nut)

C=Torque Wrench setting

D=Desired torque at fastener

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks