• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

buying my first deuce

scott07

Hey

I was driving my dirt bike down the road one day and I was going to turn around where I usually do and then I noticed this truck that I had seen before but didn't know what it was. But i recently was looking to buy a Deuce, so i knew what they looked like now. So when i saw this deuce (where i usually turn around on my road) it was crazy because i was figuring that if i was going to buy one i would have to travel long distance because i had never seen one locally. This deuce that i saw when i turned around is only about 500 yards away from my house!! The local fire department owns it and you can tell that they have not used it in a few years. So i was wondering what you guys think should be a reasonable price for it?

Here is a description on the truck:
Im not sure what year but it looks like 60's 70's, All tires are good, windows wont roll up, batteries are out, has winch, big dent in hood, some rust, has 10,000 miles and 330 hours of use, paint redone in 10/89, looks pretty solid, hard top, rust in bed, has turbo, i dont know much more about because i dont know who to talk to about it.

Attachments

roscoe

If they are willing to sell it - see if they will let you start it up. Check all the fluids ect. first. Windows probably just need lubrication. Price will depend on what it needs - brakes, electrical - other working parts. Good luck.

gunboy1656

well looking at the interior pic (#4), I would say the window looks off track and is an easy fix. the hood for the most part can be popped back out, the crease might not.

I would go up the and find anyone at the station and chat with them, or find the chief. And see what he says.

ctmustang

It doesn't look all that bad. I'm sure it will need aloooooooooooooootttt of work. You may consider continuing the search for one that runs and has a title. Unless you have lots of spare time. Good Luck with your hunt.
CT

markmontana

Take the price of a decent GL deuce- say $1500- and start subtracting the things you will need to buy to fix it up, and maybe a few bucks for your time (my time is very valuable- except when I'm working on my trucks- I don't dare keep track of it). Then you can come up with a fair price to offer them. Be prepared to make your case to them. Include the fact that you will clean up a potential eyesore in the community, too.

scott07

Well i talked to a guy that was mowing the fire house yard, and he said that it has been sitting for 4 years or longer and he doesnt know who owns and he said he hasnt heard it run either.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The hard top is worth 500 and the winch would part out for another grand.....if you can get it for 1K I would be on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

Make sure it is not still owned by the gooberment.....some fire vehicles have to be returned and sold through GSA....get a notorized Bill of Sale and if it has been titled get that too.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks