• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Bucket Seats - Some ???s

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got some questions for you CUCV experts:
Are the 1009 Blazer and 1010 Ambulance the same seats?
What civilian Chevy/GMC did these come out of, someone told me S-10?

The reason I am kicking this around for my 1008 is to make room between the seats for the HMMWV a/c kit evaporator. Can you imagine how cold that cab could be with that setup?

41cl8m5

I was told no they are not. A member here sold me NOS front seat covers for the m1009 and asked about another set he had. He said it was for the M1010 and wold not work on the M1009.

Yes, the front seats on the M1009 are the same as the S10,S15 seats on the 83 up to at lest the 86 years bother the trucks(with buckets) and the little blazers, but the colors are differant and the base that holds them to the floor won't work either.

Today I did see a 1986 K5 blazer in the junk yard that had the same style seat as the m1009 only in fabric and blue. I thought the big blazer only had the bigger butt and low back seats in them. Yea, it looked to be origanal.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One big difference with the 1010 seats is they don't fold forward. Other than that I couldn't say.

Last edited:

unaffiliated

I would like to have the bucket seats in my M1008 but my Dog would not like it one darn bit. Over 2/3rds of the seat is his. I only get to use a small portion of the left side when He rides with me.

edpdx

If you are after replacements for the M1009- the S10 seats that look the same as the ones you have (or should have) now are plentiful at the wrecking yard. I picked up a very nice pair and switched the bases. Painted the metal black (flat) and the seats with SEM- the paint code is under one of my previous posts. They look and feel like new.

seats1.jpg... Both seats, console and door panel all dyed

seats2.jpg... seat hardware painted Flat Black (chalkboard). Dash was painted with SEM Burgandy Dye- from a rattle Can before I purchased correct color. It is close enough for now- Dash Mat hides a crack. :-D

edpdx

jdeoliveira74, was this a direct swap out, or were modifications to the frame of seat needed. I'd be up for reclining as I sometimes find camping conditions poor when I get there.

jeeps1969

seats

while similar in appearance,the seats are different. the mounting is different and requires the M1010 seat for use in the M1008 or M1028. I have both vehicles and agree with the other comments.

M1031
M1009
M1008
M35A2
M1010

dhedden

I have a good passenger seat for a M-1009. The price is right....FREE....I hate to toss it. Even has the side release cable. No base...just the seat.
I'm in Braselton, Ga.
Local pick up only.
706-764-7542

cucvrus

I would like a set of bucket seats from a M1009 or any CUCV with bucket seats please advise.
Place a Parts wanted post in the Classifieds. And finding nice bolt in and use M1009 seats at this point in the game will be difficult. Finding rebuildable ones will be difficult but I think still an option. Must they be stock color? And seats only not the base pedestals? Send me a PM sometime. I can look.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks