• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USMC Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen 290 FAV

PorscheTech911

I'm not sure if this is the right section to list this in so Mod's feel free to move it. I came across this USMC G-Wagen and have never seen it before. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 5ton, but I want to inquire to more knowledgeable minds about where I could find one of these for sale or if its even possible to buy one. Thanks for looking.

USMC Fast Attack Vehicle

PT911

Attachments

SixSpeed

Banned
I haven't ever seen a USMC G-Class for sale. I see on the Olive-Drab page it says the pictures are from Sean & Eurotruck Importers. Might be worth shooting him an E-Mail and ask him what you want to know. He tends to be very knowledgeable.

Contact EuroTruck Importers

EDIT: I see my 3:00 reaction time has been beaten!

Wolf.Dose

The USMC purchased the Mercedes G290 as a replacement for the oversized Humvees. They are not jet old enough to go to surplus and there is no replacement on the world marked except a newer model of the G.
The basic parts are mass production and so the same as the civil version. However, the electric is somewhat special, fully submergable waterproof, 24 Volts for almost every electric component etc.
About four or five years ago, I made a prototype of these road legal in Germany. But that prototype had no Hutchison rims.
Wolf

nhdiesel

I hope you have deep pockets. New price for a civilian model is around $125k. Used are $75-$100k. Great vehicle, but I would hate to spend even $50k for a beat one then pull it apart to make a military clone.

Edit: I did find a few for $20-$50k on ebay, but they were either very high mileage/worn out, wrecks, or a lower model (gas engine, weaker drivetrain).

Jim

Last edited:

Stan Leschert

We have a load of them up here. They replaced the Iltis. As they are still somehat new, so we will not be selling any of them off, until we beat the ever living crap out of them.
At that time, you can watch Crown Assets, for what is left, after my soldiers got to them!

Wolf.Dose

What is 125k$ for an Army vehicle. The Mowag Eagle IV is at 862000 Euro or close to a million Dollars. I do not want to know what the US Government spends for a Force Protection Vehicle or a Buffalo.
By the way, the G-wagons are not interem, they are longer term, now with the 270 Common rail engine and with Adblue.
There is no compareable US vehicle!
Wolf

emr

there is absolutly no comparrison to those vehicles u mention and there function and use as to price, just sayin...[thumbzup]... I disagree with the idea there are no compareable vehicles, there are alot better by oshkosh ... I think this may be more than my opinion, but thats me...

nhdiesel

What is 125k$ for an Army vehicle. The Mowag Eagle IV is at 862000 Euro or close to a million Dollars.
Wolf
Oh, I wasn't judging whether they are worth what the military pays...I would rather have one of those than a Humvee, and the cost is comparable. I was just throwing the price out there because someone mentioned that a military close could be made from a civilian model. I guess if you looked real hard and was able to find a diesel version that was well used for $30k, it would be somewhat reasonable to tear apart to make a military clone.

I do have to disagree with the comparison to OshKosh, because unless they have models I'm unaware of (quite possible) all of the Oshkosh vehicles are much larger, slower, built for a completely different purpose. If I'm wrong, I'd love to see pics of the model(s), because I like the smaller military vehicles.

Jim

davidkroberts

UMMM..... these arent all that hard to find/import/or get. The last price I quoted on one was 12,500 with a 4500 import expense with 15000km.

We used them when i was at Force Recon and they arent all that great. They replaced the LRRV (dune buggy) they werent as popular because of ground clearance issues. The brake lines were real bad about getting ripped off while offroading.

PM me if you want the contact info for the importer. They also have a line on Unimogs and some cool Land Rovers.

Attachments

nhdiesel

****, I like that price! I wish I had the cash. Nobody probably pays attention...but do you have any idea about the fuel mileage of one of the diesel military versions?

Jim

Smashville

there is absolutly no comparrison to those vehicles u mention and there function and use as to price, just sayin...[thumbzup]... I disagree with the idea there are no compareable vehicles, there are alot better by oshkosh ... I think this may be more than my opinion, but thats me...

looked all over could not find oshkosh truck that small, please advice

also g-280 is almost same thing 3.0l diesel under ten grands can you say hello krylon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks