• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What to look for when buying Deuce?

Rich219

I am pretty sure I am definitely going to purchase a Deuce in the next few months. I was hoping my desire for one of these things would go away but it hasn't and now I'm even more hooked on needing one.

When browsing the auction sites are there certain things to look for and stay away from? Should I be looking for vehicles under certain mileage and operating hours?

If I purchase one and it's in non-running condition what are the chances of it being useless once I get it home?

Sorry for the newb questions but I am not a vehicle guy and certainly not a Deuce guy. (yet!)

bratpackdad

OK here's my two cents...A straight frame, little or no body damage, minimal rust (look at the window frames and cab.) Under carrage damage, obvious signs of abuse (check you tube for jumping a deuce) no leaks and a running engine.

The list is far longer but those are the obvious ones. It really depends on your budget. I am in the market for a new project. A truck with a new or newer engine means more to me than it might to you. Just depends on how much time you want spend under the hood.2cents

steelandcanvas

Sorry for the newb questions but I am not a vehicle guy and certainly not a Deuce guy. (yet!)
If you are not any of the above, why would you want to purchase a Deuce? Unless you're filthy rich, you're going to have to do all the work and PM's on Her yourself. There are plenty of TM's and assistance out there, but be sure a Deuce is what you want. Since your not a vehicle guy, and certainly not a deuce guy, it will be your worst nightmare when she breaks down. Not to give you a bad time, just want you to look before you jump in.

Rich219

If you are not any of the above, why would you want to purchase a Deuce? Unless you're filthy rich, you're going to have to do all the work and PM's on Her yourself. There are plenty of TM's and assistance out there, but be sure a Deuce is what you want. Since your not a vehicle guy, and certainly not a deuce guy, it will be your worst nightmare when she breaks down. Not to give you a bad time, just want you to look before you jump in.

I have friends and family members that are pretty good with vehicles. I figure a Deuce will also be an awesome advertising vehicle for my company too.

velociT

What is considered low mileage for a GL deuce?
You can't usually go by what the ODO says unless the hours & miles sort of line-up.

Or unless the complete paperwork history is in the truck. :mrgreen:

I've seen quite a few nice looking trucks in the classifieds here recently, check them too...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks