WELL on my way with another M 715 build. heres what been done so far
1. complete strip down to bare frame and axles, remove stock engine mounts, trans mounts and t-case mounts. remove all factory heat shield on bottom of cab and firewall as there no longer needed in factory locations.
2. new 4.56 gears (f&r) along with complete re-bearings installed, new power lock posi in front, new selectro ft. hubs. new inner axle seals, clean out knuckles and repack with grease, new front felts & seals, check king pins, tie rod ends, new rubbers boots on tie-rod ends.
3. reman j30 power steering box installed, new hydro assist cylinder installed, 4th p/s box mounting bolt installed.
3. new brakes completely all around, turnned all drums on hubs for trueness. new rubber brake hoses ft & rear.
4. clean, inspect, repack with grease all wheel bearings & hubs, new wheel seals.
5. modify frame for 38" tire under bed
6. class 5 hitch
7. mount new sb chevy, sm465 & married np205 (all remaned )
8. new front springs and shackles
9. new front bumper and braces. install class 2 reciever hitch in front bumper.
10. run new fuel, vent & brake lines
11. final dissasembly 100%, sandblast everything, paint semi gloss black everything except engine its 24087 o.d.green.
12. new h/d shocks,
13. r&r rear springs & shackles, clean, inspect all as new to spec.
14. make new custom rims (16" x 8" wide for lav tires )
lots more to come with pictures
SOMEBODY IS GOING TO END UP WITH A SUPER NICE RUST FREE M715