• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A Fuel Pump Question

iam4thapack

I have searched the forum and can't find the answer I need. I know it was posted some time back but I can't find it on here or in the TM's. How much vertical lift in feet/inches can the auxiliary fuel pump on an MEP-003A provide? I was having a discussion and this came up but I can not find the answer..

Merry Christmas to everyone..

Carl_in_NH

I've seen it listed somewhere as 6 to 10 feet of lift, but can't remember where; I've tried it with my in-basement oil tank and found it to function without trouble. That test case required about 8 feet of lift.

Isaac-1

If this is a Facet style pump like the one on my MEP-016b (cylinder with side fuel connections near the top and bottom, screw off bottom cap with mesh filter inside, probably place for a socket wrench on end cap) They generally have a dry prime lift of around 18 -24 inches, and are rated around 6-8 feet lift on the suction side in wet primed application.

Ike

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

I have dug through previous threads, the TM, and some of my notes on the 003A, to try and answer his question. A figure of 7 feet seems to come to mind, I may have read that somewhere, but the CRS aua is kicking in again. I'll continue to try and find an answer for you Shane, as I'm curious myself.

iam4thapack

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your help. As I type this we have about 8" of fresh heavy wet snow weighing everything down. The utility is flickering every now and then but I know I have the MEP-003A outback so life will go on as normal around here should the utility fail. I have a 300 gallon in ground tank for my home fuel oil furnace so I think I will be ok with no more of a lift that I would have. Thanks so much to the OD family on here and Merry Christmas everyone again!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks