• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

mjcdetroit

Finally got started getting my IP changed. Since I am in there I am gonna have the Radiator cored (it was seeping at the bottom weld). Swapping to spin on filters for both oil and fuel and gonna change the belts out. Truck has sat awhile so I will be changing all fluids eventually. I will be draining the tank and rinsing it out then putting clean fuel in. I have a long road ahead but I am well on the way.
My radiator is at the radiator hospital right now with the same problem. They said it might need a complete rebuild of the lower tank on the future. Hopefully their solder job holds.

rwminck

can.jpgBought a jerry can from Level 3 Containers. I got the tan one for water, but did not like the look, so I bought a green one for diesel. Very nice quality and fits the standard holder perfect. Sorry it is sideways?

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found parts to the M66 ring mount system with my truck!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400730862.927798.jpg

That's right, two nylon lock nuts likely used to hold on the U-bolts lost in the cab insulation!

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tried to install a new (and improved) springer seat gas shock from "ThoseMilitaryGuys.com". For the life of me I couldn't get the top aligned so I went to all the work of pulling the seat from the truck.

Gave them a call and they were very helpful in answering my questions. Guess the shock is supposed to be a little short to prevent the seat from hitting the bump stops.

Going to put the seat back in the truck tomorrow.

Yup, I'm looking forward to sittin this wide load down. ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

barefootin

I installed a new brake switch after a walk around last week yielded that it was faulty.... While I was under the carriage I decided to grease all the zerks and noticed some play in the front propeller shaft universal joint by the t-case. I dropped the prop shaft and replaced both of them for good measure.

phil2968

I helped Alanb with a hydraulic head install. His old head was cracked and leaking. The shaft o-ring was to thick. When we tightend down the retainer the shaft locked up. We reused the old one.
Also, right out of the box the "NOS" head had lost the button and the retainer. We reassembled the head, installed the lines and it fired with in three turns of the engine and it ran like a top.
Alan said it ran better than before!uploadfromtaptalk1400979381519.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400979414366.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400979449155.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400979467830.jpg

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

I changed the oil & filters (rear filter was leaking oil due to a cut gasket & a loose filter nut) for the first time @ 9660.0 miles, greased up the chassis, driveline & replaced the drivers seat belt with a four point harness system from a member here. There was a spare horn button hiding in the corner when the seat cushions were pulled loose to add the upper brackets for the harness. One of the drivers @ Warner Robins AFB liked sunflower seeds, as I had to vacuum out a bunch of the shells. Last, but not least; there was a smoke grenade carrier for multiple smoke grenades that I had several of from ebay years ago that fit perfect behind the gunners stand in the metal reinforcing rails. When the seat is folded up, it is hidden & out of the way. No drilling holes to mount this item!

Last edited:

flylo

Got it home yesterday & was supposed to haul the scouts in the parade today but they changed their mind at the last minute due to liability. Too bad:shrugs:

orrisd4

my truck lives again, the hydraulic head has been repaired , and now she runs like an Swiss watch.

winch works but is a bit iffy at the moment , the lever is prone to sticking , and im quite sure if i put a load on it at the moment that cable would snap and kill whoever is running the winch

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it home yesterday & was supposed to haul the scouts in the parade today but they changed their mind at the last minute due to liability. Too bad:shrugs:
You may also want to check your insurance policy about carrying passengers. Most frown on it.

drmerc

Tried to install a new (and improved) springer seat gas shock from "ThoseMilitaryGuys.com". For the life of me I couldn't get the top aligned so I went to all the work of pulling the seat from the truck.

Gave them a call and they were very helpful in answering my questions. Guess the shock is supposed to be a little short to prevent the seat from hitting the bump stops.

Going to put the seat back in the truck tomorrow.

Yup, I'm looking forward to sittin this wide load down. ;)
How well does this work on bumpy roads?

w3azel

Took the truck down to the river and used the winch to pull two trucks out. Had no issues on the winch and only sheared one pin. I'm cool with that cause these are slightly smaller and they take two seconds to swap instead of two mins. the correct size takes to pound out.

Attachments

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How well does this work on bumpy roads?
I will report back when I drive it. Still working on "my list".

Just did an oil change. Glad the parts store didn't give me grief this time about having more than 5 gallons of oil to recycle at a time, as per their policy (I tend to change my little truck's oil and the deuce at the same time).

Drilled out holes to mount my in-bed storage toolbox (still need to bolt it down). I was loath to take up this much of my bed space, but I wanted a secure way to take with me numerous tools and parts. I'm planning some trips this summer and have been emptying the bank account preparing! Hope I can still afford said trip(s) afterward!

Does this toolbox make my deuce look small?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401202980.436235.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401202995.268764.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401203223.538765.jpg
It was basically the largest box I could find that required no modifications to my troop seats, fit below the open slat in the troop seat headache rack (only useful if the cargo cover isn't on, or rolled up), and its lid can be fully opened under the cargo bows. Knaack Jobmaster 4824

Put my "reclaimed" (ie sewn up, formerly for garbage/parts) cargo cover on for the first time since I got it 3 years ago. Hope it holds up to the wind on the road. Still need to lash it down.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401202757.337356.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401202694.811312.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401202728.759364.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks