• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M915A5's

Ma Duce

I will bet that the LED lights have multiple setting including IR. The IR will be better than a black out drive as no visable light, and help out with night vision devices as well.

I have several weapons lights that that multiple settings so going from low beam to high beam to IR should not be a problem, give you more and better light.

Stonepicker1

Nice rigs.

Um, they run out of masking material on the spare?
Lowest bidder..lol

More good info out of the TM:
INTERAXLE DIFFERENTIAL LOCK, AUTOMATIC TRACTION CONTROL (ATC), AND
ROLL STABILITY CONTROL (RSC)​

1. The interaxle differential lock is controlled by the switch labeled INTR AXLE on the lower right dash panel. Under normal driving conditions, the switch should be in the UNLOCK position. During poor driving conditions, the switch may be moved to the LOCK position to improve traction. When the interaxle differential lock is applied, the drive shaft becomes a solid connection between the two rear axles.

2. The vehicle is equipped with automatic traction control (ATC). ATC helps improve traction when vehicle is on slippery surfaces by reducing drive wheel overspin. ATC works automatically in two different ways:

a. If a drive wheel starts to spin, ATC applies air pressure to brake the wheel. This transfers engine torque to the wheels with better traction.

b. If all drive wheels spin, ATC reduces engine torque to provide improved traction.

3. RSC is designed to assist drivers in managing the conditions that result in vehicle rollovers. When RSC senses conditions that may result in a rollover, it reduces engine torque, engages the engine brake, applies enough pressure to drive axle brakes and modulate the trailer brakes to slow the vehicle down.

4. Like ATC, RSC works automatically.

SMOKEWAGON66

I notice there in your first set of pics, the last one looking at the seats and dash from in the sleeper area, i see alot of exposed wiring/airlines for the seats that are kinda out there in the middle of everything....in my experiences, whenever there is wiring/lines out like that, Joe will break them shortly after signing for the truck. He likes to throw packs or gear behind the seat without looking and im willing to bet that those lines wont last long....Ive had to re-attach my own air lines to the seat a few times just for that reason when i was a young soldier lol.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will never get used to a Freightshaker with a pot bellied pregnant Western Star cab on it. Fugly. And Air Conditioning? Gotta be kidding.

SMOKEWAGON66

I will never get used to a Freightshaker with a pot bellied pregnant Western Star cab on it. Fugly. And Air Conditioning? Gotta be kidding.

LOL i agree about fugly..i wasnt gonna say it. But dont knock the A/C man....when i was deployed to Iraq, i LOVED my A/C and all the other people on base hated me when i drove by with my windows up. I know it seems like a luxury and $$$ but in reality, the military opted for the A/Cs on these type of trucks because they are Military variants of a Civilian vehicle and A/C was being installed on the assembly lines as a standard option, and would have cost the military more to have them removed. A/C is awesome and i think that if a vehicle can have it, then it should lol. Being hot sucks.

Ma Duce

Ditto the AC. As an equipment operator, just having a fan was nice. But having a cab with AC was great. One day I was running a 963 when one of the office big shots came buy and wanted to know why I had the cab closed. i told him I had the AC on, it was August in Chicago. He said to turn it off it used to much fuel. I asked him if he had AC in his caddy he was driving. He said he did and I asked him if hed had it turned off? He didn't and I told him I wasn't turning mine off either.

Around the same time the same company who bought a bunch of Mack trucks, the owner had the power steering taken off. He figured they would lern to back up right the first time and save him money.

beleive it or not....

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like it would be a great truck to drive but I'd hate to have to maintain it. That ATC and RSC sounds like it could be a nightmare to maintain (violates the K.I.S.S. principle).

In the military and the civilian world you just can't get a simple vehicle anymore. Seems they want to "dummy proof" everything anymore.

SMOKEWAGON66

looks more like a storage area for gear and what not. i dont see a bed...
...Id still sleep in it lol...when i was in Germany running US mail my A3 was a regular cab and at some APO's i had to sit and wait 4-6 hours for the return mail so i would try to sleep. hard to do in an A3 with those bostrom air ride seats....a small coffin box sleeper like this one would have rocked!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phil, those trucks are awesome. They make my M916A1 and M916A2 look like relics (which I guess they kind of are by now). :) Thanks for sharing.

Stonepicker1

Had to pickup one of our M915A5's this morning from the dealer. It went in for A/C issues. Lol...they said I couldn't do it alone. I used my toe-bar and M1009. Picked it up on the way to work.

Sorry for the bad picture.
We have about 10,000 miles on each tractor now. Been hauling a lot of equipment in Florida.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks