• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sway Bar bushing replacement difficulties

grayw0lf

I'm having trouble replacing the eye bushing on the front sway bar on my stock M1009.

Either all the parts houses have the wrong parts listed, or I'm having unusual difficulties getting the new bushings to fit into the eye holes on the sway bar. The bushing just seem too big to reasonably fit into the eye holes. I've tried pressing them in & just end up pulling out my hair & destroying the new bushings.

The bushings I have as FA7218 from AutoZone. No one carries them in stock to get a visual comparison.

I've tried to lookup the GM part number in the -20p from Jatonka's great site, but the file appears to be corrupt. The local GM dealer was no use either. NAPA was useless as well, other than to go to the local machine shop & have some custom made pieces.

If anyone has any suggestions of a better part number, I'm all ears!

Thanks,

John O.

Terracoma

The GM part number for the eye bushings is 328128, and crosses to a Napa part number 2652255.

Looks like you have the correct bushing from Autozone.

joediveguy

I got mine from Summit Racing. I cannot recall the part ##'S but they were the poly ones for a 1985 K5 Blazer. Fit perfect, the bitch was getting the old ones out. Had to heat them up and melt them out. Good luck!

nudewheeler

I pushed the old bushings out with a clamp. I used thumb power to push the new ones in. Small whack with the dead blow to center everything up.

Zero_cool

I'm having trouble replacing the eye bushing on the front sway bar on my stock M1009.

Either all the parts houses have the wrong parts listed, or I'm having unusual difficulties getting the new bushings to fit into the eye holes on the sway bar. The bushing just seem too big to reasonably fit into the eye holes. I've tried pressing them in & just end up pulling out my hair & destroying the new bushings.

The bushings I have as FA7218 from AutoZone. No one carries them in stock to get a visual comparison.

I've tried to lookup the GM part number in the -20p from Jatonka's great site, but the file appears to be corrupt. The local GM dealer was no use either. NAPA was useless as well, other than to go to the local machine shop & have some custom made pieces.

If anyone has any suggestions of a better part number, I'm all ears!

Thanks,

John O.
What did you end up doing with this? I'm having the same problem.
Part # 328128 from dealer was to big.
Bushing measures 1 9/16th'' the sway bar eye measures 1 5/16th.

What makes the 2 piece bushings from ORD easier to install?
Are they smaller then the ones I have or is It because there a 2 piece?

Zero_cool

Thanks timarr just ordered them from ORD and sending the ones back to the stealer. I should have went threw ORD in the first place...WAY cheaper. I paid $60.00 for 2 bushing at the stealer and they didnt even fit..

cshaw07 Ive been driving it around town without the sway bar but Im due for some leaf springs so if I go on the highway it sways really bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks