• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hawker 6TAGM battery

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave and Debbie Lewis, 393 North Collingwood Ave, Syracuse Ny 13206.

315-437-9075 They are an Interstate dealer in Syracuse. They should have 6TLs in stock.

68impalass

6tagm

Yes, tried that also. When I got the 09 4 years ago both batteries were dead. I slowly bought them up over a few days and they have been fine. Now I see corrosion coming up from the "vents" at the top of the battery. The charging system is fine as it puts out 14.7 volts. I think it's time.

Keith_J

$370 ? Install a pair of group 31s in it, take the $540 you saved and buy a quarter ounce of gold. When the group 31s need replacing, the gold will have enough value to easily replace the batteries with another pair of group 31s.

AGMs may not have the cranking current you need. They CLAIM to have the cranking current yet don't specify. Caveat emptor.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put 4 of the AGM batteries in the 5ton , and I could crank it for a week if I wanted to. I am extreamely happy with those batteries HOWEVER, I'm not $370 each happy with them...

Newcleo

To purchase the original battery , here is the ordering page : http://www.hawkeraplus.com/order.htm but before you get to spend alot of money on brand new batteries, read the army manual (http://www.hawkeraplus.com/pdf/TB-9-6140-252-13.pdf) and use your meter, you maybe able to revive your battery. They are design to be revived even when the voltage goes down to 2.4 Volt DC. I put mine on trickle charge using a solar panel. It took a while and I was able to get the Voltage back to 12.5Vdc ( equivalent to a 60% State Of Charge) from an original 10.1Vdc.

Sal

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks