• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission to engine bolt size?

cliffyp

I'm missing one bolt connecting my transmission to engine that I would like to replace. The parts manual list it as part # MS90728-63, I tried putting that in on Naps's web site but nothing came up. I could remove one of the others and size it, but I figured it might be easier if someone happened to already know the correct bolt size. Thanks!

scottladdy

I'm missing one bolt connecting my transmission to engine that I would like to replace. The parts manual list it as part # MS90728-63, I tried putting that in on Naps's web site but nothing came up. I could remove one of the others and size it, but I figured it might be easier if someone happened to already know the correct bolt size. Thanks!
Correct, page #170 of the -34P lists the part number as MS90728-63. Six are required. I often will use a site like WBParts - Aircraft parts, military parts, NSN, National Stock Numbers, avionics, connectors, Aircraft parts and components to look up part details.

Enter the part number, and you will get a page like this: 5305-00-688-2111, MS90728-63, B1821AH038C138N, B1821BH038C138N, 0014767 Screw,Cap,Hexagon Head showing it is specified as a grade 8 3/8-16 X 1 3/8 bolt.

I found that one of my trucks had 2, yes 2 :shock:, grade 5 bolts holding the transmission to the engine when I got it, and all seemed fine. I replaced those with six grade 8 parts, torqued to the correct value. Just goes to show you how strong the TH400 housings are.

I hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks