• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Custer Trail Ride near Kalamazoo MI. Who is going?

ida34

I plan on attending Saturday and maybe staying overnight until Sunday Morning. It is April 27th - 29th. Anyone else form SS going? It really sounds like fun. The picts the GLMVPA put out of last year look like it was very fun with lots of mud.

Chuck

ida34

You do need to be a member but click the link below and you can get registered. Not much money and great group of guys.

April 27-29 Ft. Custer: Battle Creek, MI

~~Registration form available for download on the LINKS page~~

~Registrations must be returned by 13 April, 2007~

ANTIQUE MILITARY VEHICLES BEING USED AS THEY WERE MENT TO BE USED....

ON THE TRAIL--DOWN AND DIRTY!

EVERY VEHICLE ENTERING THIS SECURE MILITARY INSTALLATION MUST BE INSURED.

Everyone wishing to attend must be on the Great Lakes MVPA Membership list or be pre-registered so your names can be added to the list at the main gate.

Primitive Camping - follow signs to Bivouac (camping) area on Range #4.

All trail rides will be conducted in and around Range #4 and to and from Range #2.

The "In the Mud" driving will take place on Range #2 which is the "Vehicle Recovery Training Area".

Bring the family for a weekend of fun and trail riding.

The following fee is requested to cover expenses:

$20.00 for each vehicle being driven on the trails

~ALL ATTENDEES MUST SIGN-IN ON ARRIVAL AT BIVOUAC SITE~

www.greatlakesmvpa.org

11ACR-LT

Chuck,Thanks for posting this event, I have a correction, we have been authorized to use TA 3 and 4 ,bivouac site in TA 4B (northeast quarter), no use of TA2 "Vehicle Recovery Area". I'll have the web master correct the site immediately

ida34

Curt,
When do we pay dues? Is it the same month every year? I can't remember the last time I renewed and want to make sure everything is in order.

Chuck

TedG

Hi guys,

I am planning to show up only this time I am staying away from the 6' water hole! Thanks for the link to the sign up/ pre-registration. I also need to check my membership status...

ida34

I have been told that December is the renewal month and I am good until December of this year. I don't know if it helps Ted but I emailed the treasurer from the link on the contact page of the GLMVPA site and he checked it out for me.

ida34

Re: RE: Fort Custer Trail Ride near Kalamazoo MI. Who is goi

CCATLETT1984 said:
I'l try to make it to this one. Its gonna be a busy summer.
Let me know if you go. You can pick me up for a convoy in the Dexter Chelsea area on I-94.

Chuck

TedG

Hello Chuck,

I contacted Curt and he was nice enough to look into it for me. Like my memory, my membership lapsed...looks like I better get two checks off in the mail in order to play at Ft. Custer!

FYI. I will be leaving out of Eaton Rapids on Saturday am most likely with the hmmwv via the back roads. If anyone wants to hook up let me know... Unimog stays home this time!

Thanks for the post and help.

Rattlehead

A reminder to anyone attending, if you are bringing someone along, be sure that their name is also on the registration or it will cause grief at the security gate. Not that I know from experience or anything....

Ted, I bet the HMMWV could make it through that water hole! just kidding. Actually I think that area may be the "Vehicle Recovery Area", that will be closed to us this year?

ida34

I found out my son has a mandatory campout with the boyscouts so I have to make sure my daughter wants to go. If she does then I will still be going. Hope to see you guys there.

bcmideuce1

hey iam from battle creek if any one needs info on this just let me know an ill get it right out thanks jim.... :D

Armada

I won't make it this year, too many things going on, but will try to attend next year. For you guys that do go, take lots of pictures to post. I think bigmech might be going also.
How have you been Chuck? Haven't seen you posting much lately.

TedG

Well my hmmwv rear brake line feed failed and I am waiting on a new one from amg. If it is here by this Friday, then I am good to go, if not, then I just donated $20 to a worthy cause! Or does anyone have a spare seat for me to plant my but in?

Dave, hummwv's can only go to 5' and that hole was at least 5.5'! Hope to see you there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks