• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Deuce Drivers Near Tupelo/New Albany, MS?

TMNT

There's a new member / Deuce owner in New Albany that contacted me through YouTube a few days ago. He just got a Deuce and I've been trying to help him out by phone and text. I'm in Atlanta (about 5 hours away) and he could really use some help from an experienced deuce guy.

I talked him through a basic pre-ride and operation, and he got it home on Friday but he had trouble getting it started today with the 30-something degree temps. He ended up with dead batteries and he was trying to figure out how to jump start it with his big rig, or other civvy rig. I got him to separate the batteries and then charge them individually with a 12V charger.

I talked him through a cold weather start sequence, but the batts were dead so he couldn't try it. I advised him to avoid the manifold heater and to avoid ether. If he had good hot batteries and someone to teach him the proper start procedure, he should be fine. It ran great on Friday.

He said he joined SS but he doesn't know how to post or search yet and I haven't been able to help him with that by phone.

I have his name and phone number if anyone is close enough to go over and give him an orientation on a 1970 M35A2. He's a formerly active Marine and a current big rig driver, so he just needs a bit of introduction to the particulars of the truck.

If you think you can help, PM me and I'll give you his contact info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks