• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

91W350 All I can say is thank you BIG TIME!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
davesgmc and I had left at O dark thirty this morning to do a 08:00 recovery at GL on Ft Riley. After the pick up we headed west out to BFR Metal on I-70. Well about 15 miles from getting to Salina I noticed the gas gauge was below the E! For you folks that have never driven across Kansas gas stations are few and far between and the next exit did not have one anyways a couple of miles later we are on the side of the road out of gas. I being the crusty old fart that I am had gone and left the cell at home, but Dave had his. A quick call to Glen 91W350 and he was on his way, 20 mins later so were we. There are not enough words to say thank you to Glen for leaving work filling up a gas can and doing a 20 mile trip to rescue to knotheads sitting on the side of the interstate in freezing weather in western Kansas!
Thank you Glen!:beer:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! Glenn rescued San Francisco Dave - The Beef King from becoming frozen food. Yeah Glenn![thumbzup]

91W350

It was the least I could do after being out of surplus diesel the round before! 8) It was nice to help a brother or two, thanks for the opportunity! G

davesgmc

Yeah I am glad you came out too, otherwise it may have been Me going for the walkabout to find a gas station and some gas. THANKS!

91W350

It is always nice to see you guys roll in, even if you need a little help getting here. I was very happy that you caught me at a time when I was available for an hour or so, I would have found somebody to get fuel to you guys... better in person though.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, the old "we just ran out of gas" trick.

If it weren't for Glen, who knows what would have happened when you two had to "cuddle up" to keep warm.

:oops:

davesgmc

funny thing was just the day before i ran out of gas in wifes car while taking her to the Dr. and it was about the same time of day too.

91W350

If I had only known, I could have given you a few more minutes to cuddle up, you failed to mention that part in the phone call...

davesgmc

na, it was dave C's toyota truck, guage worked fine, when it said E, it WAS empty! We just forgot,,,I mena HE just forgot to get gas after we left Riley....ooops. it happens

91W350

25 to 30 mpg? He probably was not expecting to buy fuel until February! It is an odd sight to see, a small Toyota pickup roadside.... they are generally reliable and pretty fuel efficient.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
25 to 30 mpg? He probably was not expecting to buy fuel until February! It is an odd sight to see, a small Toyota pickup roadside.... they are generally reliable and pretty fuel efficient.

Doesn't help with an inattentive operator though.

;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks