• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Indiana MVPA Meeting-10 March

Mike_L

For those here in Indiana, there will be a meeting of the group 1000 hrs Saturday, 10 March, at the American Legion, 852 W Main St, Carmel, IN.

The January meeting went pretty well. One of the more organized meetings I've attended in a while. Decent turn out with 15 members which may not sound like a lot for an organization of over 100 members statewide, but it was more than I'm used to seeing with other groups.

I think there is to be discussion concerning July's Anderson MV show at this meeting.

Mike_L

IMVPA

Details? Hmm, well, I don't know what to say except it is the Indiana affilliated chapter of the MVPA. Usually the meetings are held at 1000 on the second saturday of the odd months (JAN, MAR, MAY, etc) at the Carmel, IN American Legion. Drop on by for the MAY meeting which will actually be held 12 MAY at the Anderson MV Museum that month, meet the gang and introduce yourself.

This is the club's mission statement: "The Indiana Military Vehicle Preservation Association is a non-profit, family oriented club, established for the sharing of ideas and fellowship pertinent to the hobby of restoring, preserving and enjoying military vehicles of all types. The Indiana Military Vehicle Preservation Association is a chapter of the National Military Vehicle Preservation Association."

The group conducts a couple of annual rallys/MV shows, one at the Anderson MV show hosted by the Historical Military Armor Museum in Anderson, IN in July as well as one at the Ropkey MV show hosted by the Ropkey Armor Museum in Crawfordsville, IN in the Fall. They also have a presence at the Indianapolis Air Shows held at the Mount Comfort Airport in August.

The group is also allied with the Museum of 20th Century Warfare (M20CW), HQ'd out of Indianapolis which does a lot of displays and reenactments. Several of the IMVPA members also do reenactments as well. They are also present at the Indy Air Shows.

Annual dues are $10 (single member) or $12 (family) and includes a quarterly newsletter and our company every other month or sooner if you need help on something. You don't need to be a national MVPA member or have a MV to join though I'm sure if you are up on this website, you probably do. Before joining the group myself this last year, I attended several of their rallys/MV shows which were well worth the effort and motivated me to sign up.

Sorry I didn't get back up here and respond before the meeting (might have got you to visit us) but I can only get up on the website about 1 or 2 times a week and just couldn't get back here before the weekend. Hopefully, we'll see you next time.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
15 out of a hundred is good. We can't get more than 6-8 out of 220 for our-VFW meetings here in south TX.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks