• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New pics.. home and "modded"

mangus580

Looks good!

On the convoy lights... you might consider lowering the poles where they clamp to the cab. I have mine set so the bottom of the lights is about even with the top of the cab canvas. This keeps them lower for protection, and you can still raise them up if need be.

Armada

Looks good!
Ditto what Mike said. I know of a guy that smashed a light on a tree branch when they were set at that heigth.... ;) I lowered the extensions on mine so that the light base sits on top of the angle bracket. The lights are still just above the top. The main poles have a 'stop' bracket on them that rest on top of the cab 'U' clamp, so you would loose that feature if you lowered the main pole. You might even consider putting a 'cage' around the globes if you are off road much with it.

mangus580

I havent had any ill effects from not using the stop tabs.... Matter of fact, I intend to take them off at least one of the poles, as I am going to turn it so it points 'in'. I am also planning on the cage you speak of. Just trying to decide how I want to do it effectively.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Looks like she likes her new home now all she needs is a don't mess with Texas sticker to make her a native Texan like my youngest daughter. Hope she gives you great service and if you are looking at doing something with the M 200A1 let me know I converted mine to a dolly convertor.

CanonNinja

Re: RE: New pics.. home and "modded"

maddawg308 said:
Looks very nice! The brown in the camo looks a little too "red" but it comes out nicely.

that was me fubar'ing the pic in bright sunlight... this is why green auto modes on cameras aren't to be trusted

patch

RE: Re: RE: New pics.. home and "modded"

Yea, some of the colors might be a bit 'off', but I was wondering about the olive drab bus in the last photo....Is that military or just a result of the color shift?

CanonNinja

Re: RE: Re: RE: New pics.. home and "modded"

patch said:
Yea, some of the colors might be a bit 'off', but I was wondering about the olive drab bus in the last photo....Is that military or just a result of the color shift?

it's a poo-brown RV... i did a little too much shadow/highlights adjustments and tried too hard to get out some of the red

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks