• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

230 Oil Pump

Barrman

The bottom two pictures in this thread by Sermis were taking by me of his M37 engine.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10677

The engine is in my class because it was locked up. My students pulled the pan and looked at each main and rod bearing cap individually. They all looked ok so we pulled the head. The pictures show what we found. Varsol applied with a paint brush got the big parts out and then a hone was used to clean each cylinder up. A light coat of oil and the engine was spinning again. We put each piston at BDC and lightly ran the hone over them again. All smooth and turned with a regular sized screwdriver.

We put the pan back on, put in 5 Quarts of oil and turned the engine on the starter. It turns great, but we are not getting any oil PSI anywhere. We have pulled what I think is the oil psi tubing off the block and not even a drop comes out with the engine spinning. (Somebody put a mechanical gauge on it in the past.) I am referring to the port on the drivers side of the engine just rear of the oil fill tube. Thinking it could be clogged, I am going to have the student pull the oil filter pressure line off today and see what that gets us.

Any other suggestions or comments? I don't know much about the old flat head 230, so did it have oil pump drive problems or some other bugabu I have walked into and can't get out of?

Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks