• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37/M116 Bearing socket..????

citizensoldier

Hey guys.. I am in Fl getting ready for my trip home to Mi. I had one bearing on one side that gets a little warm for me to feel comfortable to make the trip. I would like to re-pack that side but do not have the big bearing socket to pull the hub. Anyone have one I can barrow and then ship back to you? I will pay shipping both ways.. Or does anyone have a extra they will sell? You cant get big channel-locks on it like the duece. Thank you ahead of time for any help..

acetomatoco

Any napa truck store down there will have one... just take one nut off the trailer M101 don't know about the chebby axle under the M116... and go match it.... 80 percent of folks just use a small chisel and a hammer... VTCSM37 had some chrysler script ones...I sold my last one for $35....ACE

citizensoldier

Well ACE I cant get the nut off to take with me and when I call to ask they dont have a clue. Its the same size as the M37 but not a thin jamb nut type though. It sets deeper in the hub housing so you can get a chisel on it?? I did think of what you are saying. Bigbee is going to mail me his so that should do it. Thanks for the help.. I would still like to buy one if anybody has a extra..

CGarbee

FWIW: the M37/M101 SOCKET - BEARING WHEEL is a KD 2438, SNAP ON ANS-1905, or a HUSKY 15003 (W-3).

Get them at your local parts store or online and stick it under the seat... (don't forget the adapter to alow you you use your little breaker bar if you don't cary a 1" unit with you...)

Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks