• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Barstow Pickup

patrickg

So I recived my paid in full notification today from gl. I purchased two trailers from the Barstow (Yermo) location (Address is the east C location). Im going to try and contact gl tomorrow to get more details, but in the meantime has anyone picked up from there? Any tips, advise, etc.
Thanks in advance.

richingalveston

i picked my 1009 up from there, it has been a while. no problems getting in and out, they were very lax at the gate, did not ask for any documentation they just sent me to the gl trailer where I got in line for load out assistance

Cannoncocker

Hi, I picked up two M101a3 trailers a couple weeks ago and everything went well. The guard on the gate checked our paper work (license, Reg. and Proof of insurance and copy of our payed in full invoice) They did a quick 28 29 back ground check over the phone and we were in. The day we were there GL did not offer any help with load out (no forklift) We winched both trailer onto our trailer by ourselves. Other than that it was a piece of cake. Good Luck, John....

Augi

I picked up a pair of M101A3's last Thursday. Go right to the Yermo Annex. Take I40 to Daggett exit and go north on Dagget-Yermo Road. Bear right onto the annex access road. You won't miss it.

The gate guard barely glanced at us when I held our ID's out the window. Ask for lot 500 and they will direct you to the left once you go in the gate. Drive around the dirt lot til you find the guy in the little white electric go-cart. He will direct you to your stuff.

We towed both trailers out to the parking lot just outside the gate and spent a couple of hours flipping one over onto the other. It took a little trial and error but we finally got it. Used only the truck winch and four 2" ratchet straps.

IMAG1009.jpg

I'll post a thread all about it when I get the rest of the pics from my buddy.

Augi

patrickg

I picked up a pair of M101A3's last Thursday. Go right to the Yermo Annex. Take I40 to Daggett exit and go north on Dagget-Yermo Road. Bear right onto the annex access road. You won't miss it.

The gate guard barely glanced at us when I held our ID's out the window. Ask for lot 500 and they will direct you to the left once you go in the gate. Drive around the dirt lot til you find the guy in the little white electric go-cart. He will direct you to your stuff.

We towed both trailers out to the parking lot just outside the gate and spent a couple of hours flipping one over onto the other. It took a little trial and error but we finally got it. Used only the truck winch and four 2" ratchet straps.

View attachment 407004

I'll post a thread all about it when I get the rest of the pics from my buddy.

Augi
sounds cool. Im renting a uhall car trailer. One of the trailers doesnt have a lunete ring on it. Also figured just get them home and mess with them there at my own time. Do they put your stuff in together if you win multiple auctions. Mine were about 30 lots apart.

quickfarms

sounds cool. Im renting a uhall car trailer. One of the trailers doesnt have a lunete ring on it. Also figured just get them home and mess with them there at my own time. Do they put your stuff in together if you win multiple auctions. Mine were about 30 lots apart.
They just point out your trailer and it is up to you to move and load it. We were glad we brought the trailer with the long winch cable because we could not get the trailer that close and did not want to drop the trailer and pull the m101a3 out

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pickup a M101A3 last week and it went well.
You can only pickup on Thursdays from 7:30-2:00 and no forklift. You can tow them out.
Just call GL today and set it up.
The gate is easy to deal with just have you paper work, Id's, etc.
Just do not be in a rush only one GL guy and a lot of people to deal with.
Our pickup from gate to gate was about 45 mins.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any idea if they allow you to drive vehicles off at barstow? Will have paper transport tags and insurance in hand.
Yes you can drive your vehicle off the base. But you can not add any fluids to it, you can check them on the base.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks