• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drool worthy Goats found museum quality

tburk49760

Don't ask cuz I won't tell where. I found several Goats languishing in a shed far from home. Working on acquiring the one with 78 miles for a museum piece... Enjoy the pictures...misc 007.jpgmisc 016.jpgmisc 014.jpgmisc 013.jpgmisc 012.jpgmisc 011.jpgmisc 002.jpgmisc 005.jpgmisc 006.jpgmisc 008.jpg

3dAngus

I'm not really into them, but Holy Smokes Batman!!!

Yes, I'm drooling now....

Please let us know if you make a purchase and give us some pictures on the way home.

KsM715

If you took those pics with your phone I hope you stripped the "GPS" info off them before you posted them. Otherwise you might find them sold before you get back to them.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't see any. Due to size my guess is that the EXIF data is stripped when the JPG is re-sized before posting on the site.

File TypeJPEG
MIME Typeimage/jpeg
Encoding ProcessBaseline DCT, Huffman coding
Bits Per Sample8
Color Components3
File Size7.0 kB
Image Size200 × 150
Y Cb Cr Sub SamplingYCbCr4:2:2 (2 1)

Danger Ranger

Wow, 2 good-lookin Goats, and a Jeep! plus more stuff outside. Nice find tburk! The yellow one must have been a fire dept truck for a bit I guess huh?

Jericho

there were three more and 2 conexs full of parts about 12 miles out side Burlington VT near lake Champlain last time i was over there, fellow named George, used to post on here occasionally , always has lots of green painted stuff although he was ex blue water Navy.

m561gamagoat

Yes, nice find but certainly alot of mods on them. Anyway, gamagoat1 would know museum quality which I would say his is gotta be pretty close to. Not having seen it in person. Im gonna guess its perfect.

Danger Ranger

Its not so much the finished restore quality he was going for guys. I think he was hinting at the excellent condition of them in their current states. And the ability to more easily restore one to museum or show condition. Lay off.
Plus if a museum wanted one to display in firefighting form, the yellow one fits the bill.

m561gamagoat

Ok Ranger, by no means was I criticizing. I wold take both of those in a second. I understand the mods on those. I hate to see stuff slapped on them, I would be cutting that stuff off pretty quick. Im more of a motor pool ready type since i rolled in a goat back in the USMC days. LOL

3dAngus

Its not so much the finished restore quality he was going for guys. I think he was hinting at the excellent condition of them in their current states. And the ability to more easily restore one to museum or show condition. Lay off.
Plus if a museum wanted one to display in firefighting form, the yellow one fits the bill.
Precisely the way I took it. I recall the museum that closed a few months ago and had a big auction of MVs. Many were extremely critical of the condition of the vehicles, some of them total non drivers and in deterioting condition. I've see a lot of equipment in museums that were not "Concours" as some would define the same as "Museum Quality". Museum quality takes on a very broad definition today that need be refined with every description if someone was seeking perfect accuracy.

I think the way he stated it was not inappropriate and I enjoyed his post and pictures. I just hope we don't run him off with criticisms because I would like to hear more of future events on this one.

tburk49760

Not to worry, my feelers aren't hurt. I would cut most of the mod crap off as well. Was thinking the one with 78 miles would be an excellent low use one to preserve. I drive my goat everywhere and frequently. Oh it has a mega power Chevy v8 and is happy at 60 mph.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks