• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVPA convention 2009?

Hookin1

Hi everyone

First sorry hav'nt been around alot.

Next we are trying to get the mvpa convention here in Evansville,IN for 2009. I am working with Gary and Kenny from the LST325 (which is also a member of the mvpa) we are shooting for 2009...fingers crossed....so if you would like to flood the mvpa with your support we would really appreciate it.....we are working with the Indiana chapter to be the host, Gary presented it to them at the meeting saturday. another fingers crossed, he also presented it to another chapter thats by Louisville,KY....fingers crossed again...boy it's getting hard to type with my fingers crossed :lol: ...Any help would be appreciated....we may not make it for 2009...but that is what we are shooting for...We will have it at the 4-h fair grounds in Evansville...which is also the location where the annual Frog Follies are held...ther are some old military bumkers on the fair grounds. Also if you did'nt know Evansville,IN was the site of a lst shipyard,aircraft plant and chrysler rebuilt sherman tanks here too.

Also if we can pull this off we have a group that will ship there vehicles from Europe to Evansville...and we already have the Corp of Engineers Blessings to stage a mock invasion on a beach on the Ohio River.....We will also be able to put our vehicles on the ship for photos....if you don't mind getting them a little wet [thumbzup]

Okay the last thing....for anyone in the area of Evansville,IN who is interested we are going to try to make an Evansville chapter. The Lst325 has agreed to let us have the meetings at the ship....but we can also have the meetings any where else in town.

If you want more info just pm or email me..if i can't answer it Gary or Kenny will be able too.

Thanx everyone

N1265

sounds great ! . The Idea of a beach landing is a good one and should draw a good size crowd..... simply because most folks around here dont get a chance to see something like that ( like they do for an air show )

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks