• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new headlights

Gunfighter1

Anybody know a source for new headlights possibly HID? My lights are all but useless and barely put out any light to teh point its not even safe to drive at night. Would like to upgrade them while im at it.

6x6TRex

The headlights are a standard H6054 so I would look into upgrading to at least a clear lens H4 conversion housing. If you do decide to go HID dont go higher than 5000k and PLEASE use a projector housing or for a little more work look into doing a proper bi-xenon conversion.

I run 5000K HIDs in a Hella projector for driving lights on my Dakota and love them. Look into http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ and http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/forum.php for bulbs and info on doing HID conversions.

Here is a good writeup on doing a conversion http://jeep-xj.info/HowtoBiXenonProjectors.htm

MarcusOReallyus

Whatever upgrade you do, I suggest you do the headlight harness upgrade while you're at it.

Just that and going to the Sylvania SilverStars might be all the improvement you need.

Iceman3005

You might have a bad ground? Are the lights pointed up high enough? When I got my trucks home the lights seemed extremely dim, I adjusted them up...........whaaala! they have been bright ever since......simple!

jgb680

I used the factory replacement H6054 and the upgraded headlight harness. This made a huge difference. I did the headlights first and could notice a difference and a few months later did the headlight harness which was even brighter.

MarcusOReallyus

Yep. Did that recently on my Jeep because one side went out. I was really surprised at the difference. I had expected better. I was not expecting that much better! :shock:

rsh4364

I went with hellas#003427291 from Summit ,because you can replace bulbs not the whole assembly,takes HB-2 bulbs,I also did the harness upgrade from lmc trucks,huge improvement..was gonna do silverstars but noticed 150hr. life and went with hellas,because of replaceable bulbs,silverstar also makes a HB-2 bulb...

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
www.lmctruck.com

The harness is an addition to the stock wiring. No cutting, splicing, etc involved. It is plug and play.

Or read the CUCV Headlight sticky

truck-lite makes an LED replacement.
Are they DOT (or at least euro approved? A lot of LED's are not approved for headlights.

Also to the original poster, a lot of companies make conversion kits to swap out the sealed beam units to halogen bulbs (LMC, Summit, etc). The conversion and harness upgrade are on my list of mods.

Gunfighter1

I may have a bad ground on one light, its barely visible on low beam and noticably dimmer than the other side. High beams are decent but low beams put out about as much light as a AA flashlight. Thanks for the advice, will be upgrading this soon.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put Hella H4 conversions on my 2000 Jeep Cherokee and I love them. I had silverstars before and was not that impressed with them. The price of the Hella conversion is about $110 shipped and I think those are the best bang for the buck. Plus if a bulb goes bad when you are out on the road, H4 bulbs are fairly easy to get.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks