• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M561 Gama Goat Access Plate

Charlie 6

Restoring a M561 Gama Goat that seen better days. The access plate located under the passenger seat, the bolts are all seized. I moved on to fixing the brakes. Anyone know what's under this plate? Anything critical that I should not put off looking at. Goat runs fine, just no brakes.

Gamagoat1

There is nothing under that "Hatch" It's just a void. Would make a nice tool storage but is not sealed from the bilge. Any water or oil goes in there freely.

Restoring a M561 Gama Goat that seen better days. The access plate located under the passenger seat, the bolts are all seized. I moved on to fixing the brakes. Anyone know what's under this plate? Anything critical that I should not put off looking at. Goat runs fine, just no brakes.

m561gamagoat

Yup, no buried treasure ! lol Found this out first goat. I also found out how to twist my body under the dash to replace the brake light pressure switch. That was great fun too.

Joe Gamma

Thats funny you say that because I opened that plate also and only once...and I helped a friend replace the pressure switch...The steering box may be my next treat..

Joe Gamma

Front..I will probably tackle it in March.....It also has an oil leak that I am 99% sure is the filter so ordered the adapter...You know you have the green disease when your giddy over getting an adapter..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks