• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jeep needed for a Movie in NC.

wb1895

I was contacted by a movie company that is going to be filming in the Winston Salem area in NC. I am going to be driving my deuce in it, but they are also looking for a Jeep, preferably a WWII era jeep, but they are open to later years. They are looking to film around the end of this month or early March. They do pay for the use of your vehicle. PM me for more info.

FrankUSMC

Make sure you spent every waking moment with your vehicle. I have rented to movie companies in the past. They will trash your vehicle, just be careful and stay with the vehicle. I rented 3 vehicles to one movie company and ended up selling them because they were so trashed when I got them back. One of the few, Frank USMC RET

FrankUSMC

That is great!, you might want to find a way to secure the truck while you are away. It did not happen to me, but I have been told of movie companies using your vehicle when you go home. The money was very good, but I will never do it again. One of the few, Frank USMC RET

FrankUSMC

Back in the late 1980s, they were starting to call Wilmington, NC, "Little Hollywood". A lot of movies were being made here. Then the Hollywood writers strike hit, and things kinda just died off. One of the few, Frank USMC RET

FrankUSMC

I hope it is! You can make money at it. My friend did it full time with his trucks. But, he was retired and did stay with the vehicles. His vehicles were not restored, and he did not keep most of them even running. When a movie asked for trucks, then he would jerry rig them to run. In a lot of movies, the vehicles you see are parked, or just driving by. He had a junk yard of vehicles for movies. Even his destroyed vehicles would get rented out for blown up vehicles or to be burned. Good luck and be safe. One of the few, Frank USMC RET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks