• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New user & to MV's - I just had to buy this - Look.

HeadWizard

OK, so I'm new to the forum and to MV's. Addicted immediately.

Bought a 73 AMG M35A2C, and then this 70 Kaiser/Jeep M35A2 "modified" unit. It was just too cool to pass up.

So how does that work - do I drive one and tow one? Or do I drive one 1/2 a mile, walk back and get the other one drive it 1 mile, walk back and get the first one drive it a mile, reload, reload, reload.....

I'm looking forward to learning and helping. Live in VA and am in the vehicle repair business. Let me know if you need anything.

Attachments

OSO

New user

You got that from Hotrod out of Marshfield, Wi. I was looking at tires he had on Ebay and had his truck in some pics, then he had it on ebay as well .Looks cool nice find ! OSO [thumbzup]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So how does that work - do I drive one and tow one? Or do I drive one 1/2 a mile, walk back and get the other one drive it 1 mile, walk back and get the first one drive it a mile, reload, reload, reload.....
Tough call. Have you seen the military towbar? Thats one of the ways I take 2 trucks. Won't be long and you will have a wrecker too. Don't laugh, it's true. Here's another way I take 2 trucks!

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope you can hit a speed bump in that rig. I'd be worried about the tires impacting sheet metal if you take it off road.

HeadWizard

Thanks for the replies.

Not really looking at it as an off road truck - strange, but....

If the tires impact the sheet metal, well... then I suppose I'm gonna have to fix something.

Here's a pic of the other one - which I think I might sell.

Attachments

NAH, not a towbar

What HEADWIZARD needs it to jump right to the head of the line and get a 10-ton tractor and low-boy so both the shorty and regular deuces can arrive at the same time. That way, he doesn't have to pick a favorite to tow with. Won't get there fast, but he'll get there.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: NAH, not a towbar

Welcome to SS HeadWizzard. Nice to see another Virginian on here. Very cool Bob Deuce. It looks like a full-size Tonka truck. How does it run down the road? Are those 16x20 tires on there? You could go down a bit to the 14x20s and have a little more clearance. 52" vs. 49"

HeadWizard

That would be a yes to the 16 x 20's. Might consider a little smaller ones - BUT, not too small :D

Rides OK, of course not perfect. Guess I'm going to have to suck it up.

Really got this beast to do shows and parades with. I have 473 other projects in the works and this one is essentially done and not a project. I'm debating whether or not to keep the '73 M352C. Mechanically it's pretty good - am taking care of a punch list of small things including fluids this week. Paint is flaking off pretty good and could use a pair of windshields. I'm certainly not married to it.

NOW, that begs the next and probably most important question. What's the best way to tell you wife that you not only bought one Military Machine, but you actually two?

Guess it's a good thing she doesn't come to the shop very often - I'm running out of hiding places.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
HeadWizard said:
NOW, that begs the next and probably most important question. What's the best way to tell you wife that you not only bought one Military Machine, but you actually two?

Guess it's a good thing she doesn't come to the shop very often - I'm running out of hiding places.
:shock: Uhhh, wow, my wife would castrate me if she found me hoarding MV's without her knowledge :lol: Just kidding, but she would be :evil: I'd say you better buy her something nice or send her off on a nice spa day and then break it to her easy when she's real relaxed or drooling over her new 5 carat rock :wink:

big94GMC

Hey, HeadWizard, where "outside the beltway" are you? I'm staying in Fairfax now, and it'd be nice to get to know some like-minded folks in the area.

carguy455

"""Guess it's a good thing she doesn't come to the shop very often - I'm running out of hiding places.""""

I just made it simple and got rid of "her" instead...now I can have anything I want !
rofl

Swede

I like that beast looks awesome. And remember its easier to ask for forgiveness then it is to ask for permission. LOL....

N1265

Head Wizzard Wrote :

" NOW, that begs the next and probably most important question. What's the best way to tell you wife that you not only bought one Military Machine, but you actually two? "

The answer is simple, Most women only understand three words in the english language. They are :

1) Money

2) Diamonds

3) Sale

therefore all you need to tell her is that they were on " Sale "

CanonNinja

carguy455 said:
"""Guess it's a good thing she doesn't come to the shop very often - I'm running out of hiding places.""""

I just made it simple and got rid of "her" instead...now I can have anything I want !
rofl

Seemed to be going theme in an old carclub i used to be in :lol: It was almost as if we would "celebrate" a divorce by "mourning" at the bar with te "unlucky" guy.

Speaking of.. I bought my graduation present from a member there. a 1970 Skylark GS455 Stage 1... I miss that damn thing 8)

carguy455

CanonNinja wrote:

"Speaking of.. I bought my graduation present from a member there. a 1970 Skylark GS455 Stage 1... I miss that darn thing "

I've got 7 of them total, although none of them is a Stage 1, one of the parts cars came with Stage 1 emblems, but it was a 350 GS. My 70GS455 Conv. was/is/will be faster than any stock Stage 1, just have to re-assemble , but my mind is on "Green Iron" right now....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks