• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fresh from the paint shop

JR Scout

Finally have this thing sort of running after about 5 years of wrestling with it. Picked it up at a storage lot near DC. It had done time with the city of Kill Devil Hills NC as beach trash collector, which took its toll on the non-aluminum components (original tailgate was 90% interconnected fiberglass patches). It had several coats of brushed on paint that covered all of the aluminum, but little of the steel. Since acquisition it has had a new radiator, front steering box, steering column, alternator, windshield, brakes & tires. Most of it came from Riv-Rad and Art's Parts.

Still needs some attention- carrier lists to the right, various tires have various toe ins, and the lights work at their pleasure. Couldn't tell exactly what the last military paint job was, so went with early USMC and original numbers as found.

Attachments

zout

I'll be the first one to say that is frickin COOL - great job and she looks sweet.

If you did to the mechanical end of stuff as you did on the surface work - TOP NOTCH

You know AL is not that far away when it comes to the Georgia Rally time right ??????

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice.

Gamagoat1

Finally have this thing sort of running after about 5 years of wrestling with it. Picked it up at a storage lot near DC. It had done time with the city of Kill Devil Hills NC as beach trash collector, which took its toll on the non-aluminum components (original tailgate was 90% interconnected fiberglass patches). It had several coats of brushed on paint that covered all of the aluminum, but little of the steel. Since acquisition it has had a new radiator, front steering box, steering column, alternator, windshield, brakes & tires. Most of it came from Riv-Rad and Art's Parts.

Still needs some attention- carrier lists to the right, various tires have various toe ins, and the lights work at their pleasure. Couldn't tell exactly what the last military paint job was, so went with early USMC and original numbers as found.
Looks Great

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'll be the first one to say that is frickin COOL - great job and she looks sweet.

You know AL is not that far away when it comes to the Georgia Rally time right ??????
I agree...that rascal's sweet!!
Bring her to the GA Rally in Oct and she can be part of the "Petting Zoo"!!! We'll have a Mule, Mutt, DUKW, Gator, and that Goat will fit right in!!

JR Scout

Thanks- I joined DD last year right before the Huntsville convention, hoping to have a full up round with the Goat at that time. Missed by a few months. I'm going to try to make it to Mobile in April, and one or both of the airshows at Auburn and Enterprise.

JR Scout

before goat

In its original habitat. Carrier shows efforts of about 5 gallons of paint stripper and 30-40 hours of chipping. Finally gave up and had it soda blasted. Will try to get some more recent 'afters' up soon.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks