• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master Cylinder

white135

Guys,
Is there any way to identify my new master cylinder before I put it on?
I got it from Sam Winer, and just want to make sure its right. The copy of tech tips I have says that the M211 master looks the same as the M35, and the new one that I got looks awfully new.

Thanks
Eric

M211GMC

from what I remember , the M211 & M35 Master Cylinders are the same, but no filler tube on the M35 master cylinder.

white135

Yeah, this one doesnt have a filler neck on it, The guy at Sam Winer said that I would just have to install the neck on it. Will this still Work?

acetomatoco

Be Careful... the casting is the same.... the valving is different from M35 to M211... do not mix them up or your brakes may not release... caution caution caution.....ACE

acetomatoco

The extension is not a filler neck, it is additional capacity for fluid as the M135 trucks have 12 wheel cylinders and the M35 only 6....ACE

white135

On the invoice for this master, it has 2530-00-753-9267 on the sheet, this does not match the number in my parts book. Any body confirm this number?

white135

Crap is all that comes to mind...

Looks like I have the wrong master.

Not that I'm doubting you, but where is this valving? In my Memphis catalog, the schematic of the master cylinder shows no signs of anything other than a plunger type thingy inside the master.

Always seeking knowledge,
Eric

acetomatoco

From Bob Kettler's (RIP) Tech Tips.... "Master Cylinder and Air-Pak.. Beware of any surplus Master Cylinder that looks like the one on your GMC. Even if the numbers on it are the same.. They are only Casting Numbers. The 2 1/2 ton Reo 6 x 6 has the same type master cylinder as the GMC but they will not interchange as the valving internally is different, the same goes for Air Paks... Reo ones look similar but are completely different. If you install a REO master cylinder or air pak on your GMC, you're in for one hell of a ride as the brakes will come on and not release or won't come on at all..." (That little plunger type thingy you refer to is a piston and valve assembly in the Reo, btw.) MC rebuild kit for the GMC is DSF5350 and for the M35 is DS FC12208... according to BK. Think about moving fluid for 12 wheel cyls in one stroke versus 6.....would you use the same pump? The valve in the M35 cylinder is LO FC 14263 and in the GMC there is no valve listed....personally, I would not use the Reo Cyl in a GMC... ACE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks