• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big day tomorrow for the MOG

bchauvette

To my disappointment my MOG/S.E.E. hasn't run for years. For some reason (old age:???: I guess) I thought it was running and quit during the GL video filming. But on closer inspection it is obvious it hasn't run for years. I've been trying to resurrectct the completely dead batteries. Charged for over a week, put Epsom salt and charged for an other week. Hydrometer is dead flat. Zero volts. Next I am going to do the welder thing. The fuel looks and smell like burnt gear oil! Afterer draining the tank it looks like the tank is coated with varnish and there are varnish dingle-balls on the bottom but no corrosion. Going to remove the tank and get that cleaned out.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!:jumpin: I GOT TO START AND DRIVE IT!!!!!

So tommorow I'm going to borrow some batteries from the my M944. Remove the fuel tank. put extension hoses on the pick up an return line then dip them into a 5 gal diesel can. clean the fuel filter(s), prime and pray.

wish me luck

Butch
M944
S.E.E.
5 ton trailer

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks