• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trucks being scraped

ryan

If anyone is close to western Nebraska there is a bunch of trucks being scrapped lots of NOS parts will be next. The parts I don't think are anything great just bearings and bolts and little stuff. There is a pile of air cleaners in the wood crates and I think right side step/tool box?? not real up on these trucks. The yard owner is kind of hard to deal with so I did not ask prices but I will check more into it next week when I go back. PM me if you want somthing or if you want details.

acetomatoco

Buy it all, inventory it and offer it for resale to us.... ACE Where is Minnesota, anyway??? Must be West of the Mississippi...Us Vermontahs never get out much...mud season....

ryan

trucks

Minnesota is the Frozen Tundra over to the west. Hey I'd love to buy it all but it is a long haul for me and I bought a couple loads of Dodge stuff. I went ther in search of halftrack parts But they crushed all the HT's already and about 25 m37's and at least 15 gmc and 5-10cckw's.

RE: trucks

Wish there'd be some way to let ALL the yards know that we got a great group of guys here that would like first crack at the stuff before they crush it! That's 25 more M37's Robi won't get on his register on G741 site, and probably that ONE PART I'm gonna need to finish my project!

carguy455

Can't find half that stuff for love nor money up here in the Northeast that isn't rotted to snot, yet some buttclown flattens em because China is paying an all time high for scap metal to make weapons to use against our troops overseas or to make sub standard tools to flood our markets with. Same metal used to secure and protect our freedom in the past now used to erode it......sickening.....we will be the only folks left saying "I told you so " when the rest of the country "wakes up".

carguy455

Yes it will unfortunately, see the TV show "Jericho" and tell me that doesn't make you think a little ?

I'm hoarding lots of stuff now, even more than before :!:

ryan

I,m leaving sunday to go back out. They may sell for scrap price on whole trucks but he is kind of a pain on parts. There is some wheels with decent 11.00x20 tires I was going to take for spares for my 5 ton but at 100$ each I will pass. Ther is lots of troop seat hardware I don't know what it is worth. I am scraping/parting several m37's I have at home the price of scrap I cannot pass up or keep them forever.

ONTOS66

It is a shame that so much really good stuff has gone that way, or been parked or stacked in the open for years and allowed to rust away, or as they did here in New Jersey with M48A5 tanks and M113 APCs, dumped in the ocean to form artificial reefs. Thanks for the years of great service .. now how much can we sell this (s)crap for?

ryan

trucks

I went back out and got my dodge stuff (all from a different place) the yard with the gmc's is crushing as fast as he can. I was searching for some halftrack parts that the old original owner thought may still be in the yard, I never found any. Then the stuff I did want the a** hole new owner doubled the price he quoted me after I carryed it out to my truck so I put it back and he can scrap it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: trucks

In a situation like that, I would have dropped it on the ground out of my truck. I hate when people decide to change their prices! Here ya go buddy, jam it up your a..!

ryan

Nebraska

It was nice to meet you out there. I was going to pm you to see how you made out with getting the box from him. I got pissed off after spending all day unloading that railcar and then Perry changed his prices. But like you said nothing OD worth going back for.

Sorry I don't know why yesterday's post went 3 times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks