• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need .pdf VRC-12 installation manual for CUCV series

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have the VRC-12 series radio installlation manual for the CUCV series of trucks? Can't find it here, and LOGSA looks locked down to us peons. HELP!

ONTOS66

Instead of creating a new manual series for each vehicle installation of the VRC-12 radios, they continued to use TM 11-5820-401-10-1, -20, etc (for wheeled vehicles) which shows the radios in the M151 and the M880. Each vehicle had a unique radio installation kit which provided the mounts, cables, AND instructions for installing the radio in the specific vehicle.

I have the TM series in .pdf and will upload it this weekend to the Reference section. I can't do it now because I don't have a DSL connection at this location.

I will also upload TB 11-5820-890-20-21 which shows how to install the SINCGARS radios in the M1009 CUCV - different equipment, but it gives some useful information on running cables, etc.

I''ll also scan the instructions that came with the antenna installation kit which shows some radio configurations in the M1009 and the locations of the antenna mounts in "Phase I" (the back of the truck) vs "Phase II" (the middle of the truck).

Hopefully this will help you and others dealing with these radio installations.

ONTOS66

I uploaded the following manuals today:

TM 11-5820-401-20-1, Organizational Maintenance, VRC-12 radio series
TM 11-5820-401-10-1-HR, Handreceipt Manual, VRC-12 radio series
TB 11-5820-890-20-77, Installation Instructions for SINGCARS radios in CUCV

Once they are approved and available I think you'll find the answers to most of your questions. If you have a specific one that isn't covered, let me know.

I also have the installation instructions for the CUCV radio antennas, but haven't had time to scan them. Probably next week.

For some reason LOGSA changed their format, and all the technical manuals that were listed, aren't available at this time. I'm retired Army and couldn't find anyway to get in to the interesting stuff. Reorganization, or security?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm having a slight issue here too. Try right clicking and saving target as. I thought it was my computer. If that works, I'll get our tech guy right on it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks