• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

for lack of a Nut (big, critical, 1 each)

William_Max

I have just picked up a 1956 M 105 A2 Trailer by Checker Cab Mfg Co. It is generally in great shape. It has all the racks, decent top bows, composite lights (working) and no rust.
The nice folks I got it from had welded what would be best called and adapter, (abortion) on the front to lower the lunette ring so it would tow level behind a civilian pick up truck. A little time with a hand grinder and some cut off wheels and the adapter arrangement is GONE. I was fortunately able to salvage the lunette ring. There is only one tiny problem, the big castle nut that goes on the back of the lunete ring is long gone.

Does anyone have one that they can part with or know where I can get one of the, I believe, one inch NF nuts for the lunete ring for a M 103 or 105 trailer?

Thoughts, suggestions? Thanks

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
BIG trucks prolly use a similar sized nut on tie rod ends, ball-joints, etc... You could try taking the lunette with you to a NAPA Truck Parts store and see if they can match it up. Or, where I used to live in WV, there was a place called Smith Fastener. They had every type of nut and bolt known to man.

Trango

My local true value has 1" NC, if you can believe it. Fine thread isn't that much rarer in that size, and I can't imagine such a beast costing any more than $5 or $10 at a local fastener shop.

Dexonline shows a Fastenal located in Harrisonburg. I actually use fastenal here in Boulder to source out, you guessed it, 1" fasteners for use in steering and suspension components (I don't like to break things, and my rockbuggy is going to be solid in that department).

HTH,
Bob

Blythewoodjoe

I pulled a lunette from a trailer a few years ago but I have no idea where I put it. I really need to get rid of some of this stuff. If I run across it I'll let you know. Did someone say it was a 1" nut? I think I have a bunch of 1" nuts and bolts some of them fine threads too. Weigh a minute, I have a couple in my basement I was going to use for a project and didn't need them. They don't have the locking fingers on them though. If you want one of these PM me your address and I'll mail you one, unless I am thinking of something else. I'll pretty sure I have a couple of 1" fine thread nuts with nylon locking rings on them, used of course. They used to hold the tooth holders on a grinder we have (big tree's, 350 hp john deere motor).

Joe Trapp

lacoda56

Just measured the threads on my 105 lunette and it's 1 1/8" fine thread. Don't know if there was a change but you might want to double check the size. If you can't find one, I might be able to hunt one up for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks